Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb consumption after workout

JotaJotaBoy

[FONT=&quot]I would like to go back to training in the evening and I wanted to ask about carb consumption post w/o.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For example if I have my EAA Stack w/ some dextrose post w/o should I cut some of the carbs from my solid post w/o meal because it’s going to be the last meal of the day before my bedtime protein shake. I’m going to go on a cut and I don’t want to have too many carbs so close to the time a go to sleep and the way I calculated my carb intake it would mean that I would be consuming almost half of my daily carb intake 2-3 hours prior to going to sleep.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My protocol will be something like this: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- 8.30 w/o[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- 9.15 EAA Stack w/ dextrose[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- 9.30 solid meal [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- 11.30 bedtime shake (Proton 7 and maybe a half a scoop of casein)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12.00 sleep[/FONT]

I would lose that last shake, and to be honest you don't need to consume so much around the time of your workout. You are fine to spread it throughout the day

i am going to rec'd you not eat post workout until your body calms down. when you finish a workout your face is red, you are sweaty, heart rate is up, body just got its ass kicked. wait until your body is done stressing out THEN you can eat. and eat a clean meal, not fast food or restaurant food.

and PON is absolutely right, ditch the bedtime shake. that is going to slow down recovery. the purpose of sleep is to let the body repair and rest. not to let the body do more work to digest what you put into it. sip some water before bed, that is it

Top Bottom