Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is canned tuna a good source of protein?

S

SSAlexSS

Hello all!

I am thinking about eating about 10 cans of tuna per day (250 or so grams of protein). Is that a good choice or not?

anyone knows the answer?

Thanks!

Tuna is a good source for protein. I use it ALOT. I'm not an expert, but you should get protein from other sources as well. Never use only 1 type of food for a food group :)

good choice but 10 cans a day ? I used to do it and believe me now I'm tired of eating that shit. Agree with Jennifer BFL try other sources too like chicken, eggs, shakes..... the only problem with Tuna is the sodium so get ready to drink tons of water :)

why would you want to torture yourself like that;although,tuna is an excellent source of protein,you will go apeshit trying to stick to that type of diet.mix it up a lil' to avoid your body getting use to the protein source.just like training variation,diet requires variety as well.enjoy protein sources such as:tuna,chicken,turkey,sirloin steak,egg whites,cottage cheese,fat-free yogourt,skim milk,protein shakes,MRP's,crab-meat,etc...
you'll actually look forward to eating!!!if you only stick to tuna,you will start dreading your food intake.take it from one who has already tried it...i loved tuna...NOTICE THE WORD "LOVED"...fyi:)

For awhile, I would eat 4-5 chicken breasts a day. I thought I would never get sick of it. THen all of a sudden, I HATED even the word chicken. eating 10 cans a tuna would drive me CRAZY!

manny78 said:
the only problem with Tuna is the sodium so get ready to drink tons of water :)

Are you bulking/cutting? Feel free to throw in steak if you're adding mass. Hamburger on the grill, etc.

I'd go nuts eating one source. I eat tuna & salmon - but it's just so I still appreciate chicken from time to time.

Anyone ever mix their tuna in with flax seed oil?

Tuna is the bomb for cutting, although you'll notice very quickly that you'll be quite hungry within an hour of having a can. Mix it with a tablespoon of flaxseed oil (or Udo's oil, if it's available) and salad and tomatoes (if you're not too anal about carbs). Depending on what type of tuna you use, how many vegetables, etc., this should be a 300-350kcal meal.

Another combo you might want to try is raw chopped spinach and grilled chicken breast. Low in fat, high in protein, but beware the spinach: although it's high in fiber it WILL cause constipation because of the iron if you don't limit your intake.

Also don't forget to eat legumes around 3 times a week if you're not limiting carb intake too much.

I found that when cutting, it's best to avoid grains and starchy and simple carbohydrates. Carbohydrates obtained from vegetables and legumes shouldn't be avoided too much if you care for your health.

Stay away from red meat when cutting, though, as even "extra super lean" meat is too high in saturated fats to be considered a healthy source of protein.

Also, you may want to have egg white omelettes with "Yves Veggie Dogs" if you're getting bored of just eating meat. Very high in protein and low in carbs.

da big thinker said:
why would you want to torture yourself like that;although,tuna is an excellent source of protein,you will go apeshit trying to stick to that type of diet.mix it up a lil' to avoid your body getting use to the protein source.just like training variation,diet requires variety as well.enjoy protein sources such as:tuna,chicken,turkey,sirloin steak,egg whites,cottage cheese,fat-free yogourt,skim milk,protein shakes,MRP's,crab-meat,etc...
you'll actually look forward to eating!!!if you only stick to tuna,you will start dreading your food intake.take it from one who has already tried it...i loved tuna...NOTICE THE WORD "LOVED"...fyi:)

But I can atleast calculate the amount of protein I am eating. And it has the best ratio of protein. No carbs and 0.1 gram of fat or so.

natasan said:

Are you bulking/cutting? Feel free to throw in steak if you're adding mass. Hamburger on the grill, etc.

I'd go nuts eating one source. I eat tuna & salmon - but it's just so I still appreciate chicken from time to time.

Anyone ever mix their tuna in with flax seed oil?

BULKING!@!!!!

Everyone BOW TO ALMIGHTY PROTEIN!!!!!

Top Bottom