Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can you make protein bars with protein powder?

Sure can, I use 2 scoops powder plus half a cup milk, then depending if I feel like it I will either add some natural peanut butter or oatmeal to add alittle more flavor. Then I put it in a pan and shape it to be a bar, cook in oven for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Hope I've been of some help.

hmmm not a good idea cobing.....considering on most any jug of protien powder it says something like do not store above 80 degrees. so im shure cooking it at 300 would destroy. i may be wrong

nclifter6feet6 said:
hmmm not a good idea cobing.....considering on most any jug of protien powder it says something like do not store above 80 degrees. so im shure cooking it at 300 would destroy. i may be wrong

Before I ever did this, someone posted how they made bars and asked if it would destroy the protein content, everyone said no. I will try and dig that thread up.

Even in meat some protein is lost when cooked. The amount is minute so its not a big concern. Most protein powders say to use in baking things like sauces, muffin mixes, pancakes and so on. I dont think it would be wise on their part to say its ok to cook the powder if it would compromise their own product.

do these panckaes just look like normal pancakes?

Would it be hard to just make them in barform instead? It would be easier to hide in my pckets... i think

There was an article in MuscleMag not too long ago explaining how to make yer own protein bars. There's a supplement called soy grits, and for like $2 you get a huge bag, the stuff has more protein per serving then any powder out their, the stuff kinda looks like dry oatmeal. You would take a couple cups of the stuff add some cocoa powder and low fat chocolate chips and spread into a pan and bake. I only made a couple batches b/c I got too lazy, believe it or not the things weren't too bad. I don't know if all 30 some odd grams of protein were from soy or not, but it was protein, plus the things were loaded with dietary fiber. If anyone's really interested I'll look up the recipe and post it, just let me know.

You'd have to play with the amounts of each ingredient you use, depending on the type of diet you're on, but try this:

Honey
Whey Protein
Oats
Natty PB

Mix well, roll into bars, and toss in freezer. Eat as needed. :)

If you're on a low carb diet, don't use the honey and use more natty pb to stick it all together; if you're on a low fat/mod carb diet, ditch the pb and use more honey. You can also substitute maple syrup or molasses for the honey for a different taste combo.

Top Bottom