Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can you eat too much meat ?

There is a thing called the carnivore diet:

though I highly doubt it’s a very good idea to ONLY eat meat, this type of diet does have a relatively large following, and a handful of interesting advocates such as Joe Rogan.

all that is to say I don’t think the amount of meat is necessarily the issue, it may be that you might be over eating all together.

After really taking a good and balanced look at your diet, sleep, and exercise, Blood work would be a good place to look for dietary/ hormonal deficiencies.

But remember absolutely nothing I say is medical advice.

If you are constantly tired or feeling suddenly weaker, talk to an actual medical professional.

Chronic fatigue is linked to such an innumerable amount of problems, some of which could potentially be fatal in the long run if not properly treated.

Good luck brother, please follow up if you find out anything or if you have more specifics to add that might help one of the guys here to point you in the right direction.

But the short answer is; it would be an act of incredible will and very expensive to eat “too much meat” . AGAIN ONLY MY OPINION, NOT MEDICAL ADVICE: you very well be eating to much meat, just food for thought (pun completely intended ) :)

eating food from the time you wake up till 11pm at night is an american thing and is causing us to be tired all the time

your body wastes 50%+ of its energy digesting food. this is why i advocate eating food less often in a window.

the prior poster mentioned seth rogan, well he actually advocates intermittent fasting for that reason

and the carnivore diet is a topic for another day but i will tell you that it is a fucking joke! why? because the meat people eat are the less nutritious parts of the animal.. we eat only the muscle.. we throw away the fat, bones, skin, organs. the organs especially are high in water. that is what animals in the wild actually eat

Commercial red meat from your typical grocery store is full of antibiotics and hormones.

The cattle are fed soy and corn which leads to a very poor fatty acid profile in the meat = inflammatory.

Grass fed beef is a whole different story though.

Yup, they don't point out the cattle are grass fed for no reason. Not only are you what you eat, but you're also what your food eats.

I think we eat way too much protein as a society in general. The supplement companies have done a great job tricking people. This has us eating tons of meat and still jamming shakes down our throats.

I think we eat way too much protein as a society in general. The supplement companies have done a great job tricking people. This has us eating tons of meat and still jamming shakes down our throats.

This is why I am glad to be part of the forums, because we are scientists :)

Skeptics! ^_^

challenge the rhetoric of supplement companies :)

Could you expand on this point please?

I would really like to know what your experience and observations are:

I’ll share that at one point in my life I was eating 300 grams of protein a day. (It was fairly split down the middle in terms of what was food and what was supplemented)

Basically nothing was happening, I wasn’t stronger, bigger or leaner for it.

I understand nothing happens in a vacuum, but moving the metric to such an extreme should have had some kind of impact if it was really that critical.

Ok I’m kind of going down a rabbit hole here but;
Basically dieting feels so dogmatic these days brother. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom