Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can you bulk on low carb high fat??? and only post workout carb and no carbups?

NO,

you need a lot of protein to buid muscle (#1.5g/LBM)
and carbs arerecommended when bulking

The only way to do it right is to have an extremely large carb-up on Saturday and Sunday. You couldn't do it efficiently if you treated it like crum's diet in a hypercaloric state if that's what you were thinking. Mario DePasquale's Anabolic Diet is basically a CKD bulking diet but he doesn't advocate getting into ketosis. The whole point of the diet is to go 5 days without carbs so on the 2 day carb-up you expose your muscles to a huge amount of carbs which ramjets nutrients and amino acids into the muscle and causes growth. Without this 2 day carb-up the whole point of the diet is missed.

I really dont like being baloated like a tank like on the high carb diets with all the brown rice and oatmeal and patatos. can you substitute all that for fat??

no, you can't substitute carbs with fat

try ginger root and digestime enzymes to digest carbs better

what if he added a meal with carbs, like a bowl of oatmeal, on the meal right after the postworkout meal on crums diet? and then kept the rest of the crum diet the same, with the exception of the sugar post workout and the next meal with a complex carb.

I actually did "bulk" on a high protein, high fat, low carb diet a long time ago. But it probably isnt what you are talking about. I weighed 165 when I started and ended at 173 and my bodyfat didnt change at all. I didnt use any steroids or anything either. I took in 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight, and took in three tablespoons of flaxseed oil a day. I also got 9 grams of fat from eggs, and another 14g of fat from beef. I only got carbs from 1 baked potatoe with my lunch and 1/2 cup of rice at dinner. I didnt even use whey protein or any post workout shake because I was too poor at the time. This was over about three months though so it VERY slow bulking.

with too little carbs wouldnt you not have enought insulin to have a pretty productive bulking phase and muscle gains?

Insulin is the key to anabolism. If you can control it effectively by chosing the right macronutrient combinations at the right times, then you're set to grow regardless.

The key is really a balancing act. For the best growth, you tend to need more carbs. That's just the way our bodies work. Sure, you can grow on lower carb levels (especially if you eat all your carbs in meals following your workout), but the growth tends to be slower.

This comes back to your goals, how you want to achieve them, and the time you're willing to devote...

Top Bottom