Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can't stay focussed due to depression

KillerLoop

I am very depressed at the moment over matters that I'm not going to delve into here. It is seriously affecting my diet, but only at the weekends. During the week I am bang on and tight with my diet but at the weekends since I am at home a lot I just tend to binge for no reason. I know it makes me sound like a pussy but it's really getting me down as I used to be so dedicated.

My training is going great at the moment and has never been better but my diet has never been worse!

I was thinking of doing a CKD. The reason being that once you're in ketosis you are less likely to binge as you know your body will be knocked out of it. The reason I haven't done it yet is that I've just started seeing this amazing girl and she obviously likes to go out for a few drinks at the weekends. I have a few as well because if I sat there and said I wans't drinking cos of my training then it wouldn't make a very good impression. Girls want guys who can have fun and have a laugh, especially when they're first getting to know them.

Im gonna do a CKD and see how it goes. Dieting is hard when you're depressed.

You can't laugh, have fun, and be exciting without alcohol? Sounds to me like you need to address the issue of either alcoholism, or maybe sit down and do some deep thinking about who you are and who you want to be. All you have to do at a bar is order some water or juice or something if you have to have a drink in your hand. Get over your depression (which could be caused by the drinking), and then you'll see that you don't need alcohol to be fun.

Nah man, you got it wrong. I meant binge on food not drink! I can have fun without alcohol but when you first meet a girl (and Im only 21) she might think you're a bit boring if you dont have a few. I get drunk about 4 times a year!! Hardly a big drinker.

Sorry to hear about the depression. I hope it is something that you can get over on your own but there is nothing wrong with taking something to help it ...and it’s not alcohol. Check with your doctor -a short term treatment with SSRI may be just what you need.
Stick with the weights hitting the iron can do wonders for the mind and of course the body.

As far as the diet I suspect you are going for some comfort foods- These are usually high GI and cause you to “need” more.
What type of diet have you been following? The CKD may be too much for you to deal with at this time.

kel :)

Hey, man, I'm in the same boat. Don't feel bad--it happens to plenty of people. I put on 25+ lbs over a six month period due to depression-related eating, and I too used to be incredibly disciplined about my diet. I'd say the first thing you need to do is to get your mind in order. It sounds like since you are bingeing on the weekends, you may be lonely--that was the case with me. Do something, anything to get yourself away from food and around others. Seeing this girl, even if you may need to drink a bit (which you probably don't), would be better than sitting home depressed with a gallon of ice cream. If the issue is something else, do whatever you can to deal with it. Hell, I quit my job and moved. 2 months later, I'm doing much better in all aspects. Good luck.

I must admit I find it hard to stay on track on the weekends also. During the week it's easy; life is structured. But on the weekends... I dunno... too much free time. I have made Sunday my "scheduled cheat day" so that only leaves Saturday to contend with. It's funny, sometimes I eat better on Sundays! You got to look at the BIG picture bro, overall are you reaching your goals? And re: depression, I don't mean to be trite but "this too shall pass."

Thanks for the advice guys. Yes I do have way too much free times on my hands. I don't have many friends now cos they all left for college about two years ago. And I have fallen into the trap that I'm sure many of you guys have in that I don't go out much and meet girls and makes new friends due to my BBing related goals.

To be honest I'm wondering if it's all worth it, I'm not even sure why I train anymore, it's just an addiction. This girl has asked me to come and work abroad with her in the summer and I'm seriously considering it. She is really worried about me and she think's I'm a really nice guy (not the ass holes she's used to!) and deserves more in life.

Top Bottom