Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can't feel back wo? Heavy or light?

Ideuzee

What will be best to bulk up my back muscles? When I train back I only mainly feel my biceps working I hardy feel my back at all or the next day after working out. The other day I went heavy as I could in the 10 rep range and I felt my back go really tight next day I felt the lats ache abit prob the best iv felt my back ever... But what would be best training light or heavy?

What exercises are you doing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using EliteFitness

The back has a lot of muscles, what exactly are you trying to hit?

Heavy farmer carry, dead lift, RDL's, good mornings, bent over barbell rows, pull ups all do wonders for the back.

Personally I have found the back the hardest muscle group to target. At least for me, it required the most skill and focus.

Most people do pulldowns wrong. Skip them. Do pullups instead
Lost of people do bent over rows and t-bar rows wrong, or don't get near enough out of them. Do heavy cable rows but make sure your shoulders are not hunched and stretched forward at the beginning of the motion and go for the full range. Personally, I do these with a rounded back like you see on pumping iron.
One arm dumb bell rows. Again, make sure your starting position is with your shoulder stretched far forward so you get the full range of motion.
Straight arm pulldowns are a good lat isolation exercise.

Top Bottom