Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can someone review my diet and exercise plan (also have a ? about diabetics)

Leander

Ok here's the scenario, I'm a diabetic who is trying to lose weight. I've been doing some working out over the past few weeks but I've noticed that my weight loss is EXTREMELY slow. In fact I've even gained about 10 pounds although my overall size seems to be getting smaller. I've heard that diabetics have a hard time shedding weight so I figured maybe thats why my progress is slow. Anyway that prompted me to devise an intense exercise and healthy eating regimine. Please look it over and give me your opinions on whether or not it is a good one. Thanks

My exercise plan is actually very simple. Everyday I plan on performing 2-3 sessions of HIIT cardio for about 20 minutes. Every other day or every 2 days I will perform weight training to develop my upper body. In addition to the cardio and weight training I plan on aggresively performing pushups and situps on an every other day basis.

Finally on Friday-Sunday I will try to play at least an hour of basketball in place of one my 2-3 cardio workouts. Hopefully this will help me quickly shed the body fat.

My diet is even more simple than the exercise plan. My meals will consist basically of green vegetables and lean grilled meat. (fish, chicken, beef, etc.) I am cutting out all carbs, sugars, breads and fried foods. My only beverage will be water. Also my diet consists of eating several small meals through-out the day for about a total of 5-6 times.

My goal is to keep strictly to this schedule and diet for a period of one month. I'm hoping to see a drastic reduction in terms of weight and inches.

Can anyone tell me if this will acheive the goals I'm trying to achieve?

That look's o.k. I need some more info. Age, weight, bf%, what type of diabetes? Insulin use? Things like that. HIIT cardio is a good idea for most diabetics because endurance type activities will leave them with severe hypoglycemia, however, depending on the actual intensity of the HIIt training, you may feel the same. Or in some cases it is delayed, maybe 4 to 6 hours after the exercise session. If on insulin, you should probably balance insulin doses around workouts. Always keep a snack with you in case of severe hypoglycemia. Try not to inject insulin into a working muscle, the onset will be VERY rapid. Hope this is a good intro.....

Ryan

Top Bottom