Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can I get enough protein?

starboy11

I was wondering if I crunched the numbers I could get away with not having to drink protein shakes right? I am not a fan of them to be honest even though they are quick and effective after training but I am sure some of you guys get all your protein from food sources right?

Yeah with a little discipline and planning you can achieve it for sure but having a shake thrown in to your day makes things alot easier in terms of convenience.

protein shakes are processed dairy.. that is all it is

i have tried the protein shake thing over the years and i always feel bloated and like ass. so i simply do not drink them. the only thing i drink is a high quality and low calorie greens powder for breakfast. that is it.

you don't NEED protein shakes. that is something the supp companies have pushed ever since Weider had the idea to stick arnolds face on a tub back in the 80's

i would much rather you eat a balanced diet and take a supplement like hcgenerate or creatine (n2bm sells them) which won't tear up your stomach and actually work

There is nothing magic about protein supplements. They are just a convenient way to meet your body's daily protein requirement.

I like to use protein shakes when travelling since they don't require any refrigeration or meal prep but there's nothing particularly special about them. You could just eat whole food sources of protein

I don't think it is too hard to get enough protein. The issue is that people think "enough" protein is 300g or so per day. Honestly I don't think most people need any more than 100g or so per day. It is actually pretty hard to lose muscle.

Top Bottom