Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

calories and losing weight

Mcjarothab

just chiming in if you guys have read some of the data coming out over the past decade about calories and how they aren’t as important to weight loss as people think. Like the Bialik study that came out shows that when you eat less calories it does not convert to weight loss like people think. So counting actual calories does nothing to help you lose weight. Do you guys agree with this? Just thought it was interesting because I have tried counting calories and went nowhere so makes sense.

I think calories matter of course but what you eat matters more. 1000 calories from white sugar vs 1000 calories from steak is a different story.

that is correct. there isn't a single study that exists that shows counting calories helps lose weight

losing weight has to do with calories in but also calories out too and hormones. that is why calorie deficit diets never work.

even if you consider calories out you have to remember a 1 hour weight training session burns barely more calories then sitting on your ass watching tv. (sorry but that is true). so you have to eat foods that keep your metabolism strong. eating crappy food will not do that.

focus on types of calories, not amount

bro think about it man, it is so simple. when you crash calories down you will also crash your metabolism down. so you end up spinning your wheels over time. i didn't get shredded by counting calories, i got shredded with fasting and eating good foods. even Rig Ramy follows that strategy and he mr O

Eating in a calorie deficit is how you lose weight, that’s science and CANNOT be argued.

If eating in a calorie deficit means you need to ‘count your calories’ then yes it works. If you have body composition goals, either losing or gaining weight then it’s beneficial to know what you’re putting into your body so that you are expending the right amount of energy to achieve said goal.

Obviously eating clean, whole foods is better but it doesn’t trump calories in, calories out I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The debate is typically what does "calories in vs calories out mean"? The argument stems from calories either being just a black and white eat less than you consume vs the idea that hormones play a significant role in the process as well.

Top Bottom