Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

calories in ground bison meat

nelson mich A.

I have been on chicken, steak and seafood for cutting and to gain some lean mass, but I got to a point where I'm sick of eating the same protein sources every day, even alternating, I would like to try some bison meat, I have seen it at the market, since I'm watching my caloric intake I would like to know how many calories a 12 ounces steak of bison contains and good is it a protein source compare to cow?

I trust more what you guy tell me here than what thew grocery store puts on the stickers, that stuff can be way off.

the calories in bison is about 25% less than beef.

turkey breast also has very little calories.. we are talking slightly more than fatty fish

the best meat source IMO is going to be wild/fatty fish which will have 50-60% less calories than beef

that is why when you eat fish for dinner you don't feel as full the next morning as if you had a steak

Sounds like you need some new recipes and/or seasonings to play with. Most of us eat chicken, beef, fish all the time. This is the best way to keep it interesting.

Buffalo/bison is a great option. It is much lower in calories and fat then beef. It's also usually grass fed which makes the meat naturally high in omega 3 fatty acids and CLA.

Meat Nutritional Value
BuffaloBeef
Calories141.89281.8
Protein (g)28.1825.8
Fat (g)2.3819.05
Iron (mg)3.372.68

Top Bottom