Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Caloric intake in non work out days

castler 07

I'm lifting 5 days a week, and the qty of calories I take on my lifting days is 2 gms of protein per pound of body weight, I was wondering if I should keep the same intake in the days I don't hit the gym, or I have to take less and how much less is recommended thank you guys.

Your body is constantly in repair when lifting and cardio. So two days off your body is still in repair and rebuild mode. So you do need to be eating and taking in calories depending on your goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would slightly lower calories from carbs and fat on off days since you aren't working out and expending calories so you won't need as much energy.

I would keep the protein the same on both training days and rest days. Remember that on your rest days is when your body is actually repairing and growing the muscle tissue you broke down during the week.

For example, if on training days you eat 400g protein, 400g carbs and 100g fat, on rest days I would maybe do 400g protein, 250g carbs, 75g fat. Something like that.

I always consume the same amount of calories whether its a workout day or non-workout day.

The only difference is that I have a workout shake with maltodextrin and whey, but thats not that much when you think about it.

I would consume less carbs but the same amount of protein on non-training days. Personally I think 2g of protein per lb body weight is pretty high but if you are able to do it, it will not hurt. Personally I think 1g-1.5g is more than enough.

Top Bottom