Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Caloric intake

bradleyraper

[FONT=&quot]Right now i'm only 155lbs with 12% BF and i think i need to start working out my daily intake of protein/carb/fat but dont really know where to start and the figures! Can someone explain this to me! Thanks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

counting macros and calories does not work because a calorie isn't a calorie, fat is def not all the same fat, and there is a difference between carbs from a sweet potato and carbs from refined sugars. your body also regulates caloric intake by adjusting its metabolic rate. so if you eat more food, your body raises metabolism to make up for it and vice versa. this is why you cannot just eat in a surplus every day and gain nonstop and vice versa. crazy concept huh? but it is called evolution and survival.

we also have very different efficiencies. ironically people who take in less food have more efficient bodies, the ones you see who eat 10X a day have extremely inneficient bodies. so it is impossible for anyone to lecture another person on how much macros they are supposed to get. it is just a huge scam by food companies to convince you that their food is okay to consume as long as you 'hit your macros'.. it is what IIFYM is based on and has proven to be severely wrong

Right now i'm only 155lbs with 12% BF and i think i need to start working out my daily intake of protein/carb/fat but dont really know where to start and the figures! Can someone explain this to me! Thanks

The numbers are right there on the food you buy.

[FONT=&quot]Right now i'm only 155lbs with 12% BF and i think i need to start working out my daily intake of protein/carb/fat but dont really know where to start and the figures! Can someone explain this to me! Thanks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
I have a very detailed thread on another forum on how to figure all this out.

Quite honestly, what stevesmi said is kind of the heart of the matter. While chemically a kilocalories (or Calorie as Americans refer to it) is a well-defined thing, your aren't releasing heat via oxidative reaction when you consume food. The type of food, your general intake, genetics, the different metabolic pathways traversed, etc all play a part in making different foods more or less energetically expensive for your body.

Top Bottom