Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calling Mr.BMJ or Keiko

Ana

I was on Atkins strictly for a month...20g. carbs tops.
Everything fine except I went out to dinner and splurged. This carried on for 5 days(JUNK FOOD HELL).

I started back today but now I'm on T3-50 mcg. Divided
through out day...I will be tapering down in 2 days.
I'm at 20g. carbs to day and I FEEL like I'm already in
ketosis or will be ther tomorrow.

Now I read on a Cytomel web site that T3 causes sugar
to be urinated out at a quicker rate.

Fill me in here I need some info....

Is it possible that I'm urinating stored glycogen at a
fast pace, I go alot, and I'm extremely thirsty EVERY
30 min..

Cytomel can decrease insulin sensitivity which could cause glucose (not glycogen) to be excreted. If you're at 20g carbs per day this is less likely, but you can get glucose test strips from the drug store and check it yourself. It is possible that your junk food binge has thrown your glucose metabolism way out of whack, and things will be fine in a day or two with low carbs. It may just be that you're peeing out lots of water due to your previous week of high salt/high carb eating/fluid retention. If you've only started the T3 today, then the other scenarios are more likely. Have you used T3 before? Are you using any AS? Have you recently had a glucose tolerance test?

MS, I meant Glucose, sorry.
I've been on T3 since May 1st. Started w/ 12.5 mcg., then 25 mcg., now 50 mcg.. I'll start tappering down
in 2 days...ending May 21st.

So while I've been stuffing my face these past 5 days...
the T3 has decreased my insulin sensitivity, therefore
more of the junk food has gone to fat storage? Decreased insulin sensitivity is a bad thing right?

Also, I was not thinking that since I was on T3 I could
indulge...it just happend.

No, I'm not on AS. I figure my T3 cycle is short and the
dose low and personally I wouldn't mind losing muscle
along w/ the fat.

See I've grown...I can't fit into my clothes....my legs are
big..my calves...my shoulders. Oh yeah just finished Deca cycle.

Any way I've gotten too big and it's not all fat either...
that's why I thought I could splurge for a while 'cause I've been so good at my eating habits.

MS, I've always wondered, are you male or female?

And I want to remark on your knowledge.
So,please reply again and tell me more.

Thank you:)

He he Ana, I know what you mean about being too big. I can't afford a new wardrobe, and I don't even feel good carrying around this much muscle anymore. I kinda want to go back to be a slim but muscular rock-climber!

The insulin insensitivity seen with T3 treatment is poorly understood and seems to depend upon a variety of factors such as dose and type of thyroid preparations and endocrine status of the person taking it. Without glucose test strips it is purely speculation that you MIGHT be spilling some extra glucose in your urine. Whatever the exact cause, that would indicate that your insulin sensitivity was impaired and this is usually not a good thing. This can be checked with blood glucose strips as well. The combo of Deca and T3 can act synergistically to reduce insulin sensitivity even more, though a low carb diet should help. If I were you I would check it ASAP just to be safe. If you have high glucose levels AND are excreting measureable ketones, this is a very bad sitch. I'm sure you'll be fine, but I'd feel better if you double-checked. Most likely you'll be back to your old ketogenic self in a day or 2 (normal ketosis, not ketoacidosis we hope!). Let us know how things go?

I'm hoping those other guys chip in here soon, because I feel like I'm coming across alarmist, when that's not how I feel. I'm just over cautious sometimes!

BTW I'm female ;)

Thank you MS, oh wise one.

O.k. I've posted a Q. on women's board, lemme go check it.

Who, me? I take T-3 theraputically as I'm hypothyroid and I, with all due respect to others, think taking it for fat loss is nuts. I have no issues with AS, but once you screw your thyroid, it's screwed for life. Doesn't regenerate, etc.

Anywho, many people who have thyroid problems are also insulin-resistant. Then, when they pester their Drs. for Cytomel, expecting for the fat to fall away, it in fact gets worse. I don't have the exact info at my fingertips, but as MS pointed out, all the various factors (meds, hormone status, etc.) will impact insulin sensitivity.

I think the rebound from low-carb is often terrible. You get used to eating all those fats, and then when you re-add carbs--you just suck up more glucose, spillover ,etc. The low-carb folks say it's a Way of Life and I think that's true because once you get used to it, it's nearly impossible to go off with out water retention, fat gain, etc.(I know the Protein Power folks say you can, but I always found it hard.) For some people, gradually increasing their carbs just doesn't work--once they edge around 50 grams, fat loss stops.

I low-carbed years ago, and then in December, but my sleep patterns were disrupted and my lifting workouts really suffered. On Isocaloric, I feel like I'm eating a sinful amount of carbs, but it's puny compared to the food pyramid recommendations.

If you want to burn some muscle, just up your cardio to the catabolic level--long, slow past 60 minutes.

Otherwise, I'd agree with the worthy MS. I don't think you can be too careful--I feel women's bodies and chemistry are so much more complicatd and delicately balanced then the machines that guys run around in, that you should err on the side of caution. Keep us posted.

$hit....well my cycle is almost done. I best stop being
careless w/ my body/health.
I'm young and healthy why do I screw w/ it?!

I'm gonna cycle down 25 -12.5, then done.
My Ripped Extreme may support my thyroid a little
untill it gets normal again.

I get ashamed sometimes 'cause some people are unfortunate and have problems.. REAL problems w/ their
thyroid.

Last year this time, I did a keto diet before going to Greece. I only had about 2 wks. to lose 15 lbs., I didn't
care where it was coming from(muscle/fat). I had heard
that I would get results quick so I did it.
Sure 'nuff I was 130, the suddenly 115...114...112.
This is working too well...so I decided to eat some
Baklava, then a Gyro.....
I went back to 115 and stayed there even though I
went off the keto diet.
During the winter I let my weight get to 130...now
I'm leaving for Greece again in 13 days....I need to
lose some Lbs. and be svelte. Maybe just 10 lbs. this time. Uhhh! sorry so off topic . I need to get to bed.
Thanks for the help.

Actually, MS is a he/she...most of the time she is a female, except for when she tries to pee in empty bottles at night.....LOL!!!!!!!!!
MR. BMJ

Also, if you really want to lose a little muscle--yoga is pretty catabolic. Years I ago I got into weights, competed, and then for various reasons (boredom being a big factor) I got really into Yoga. I definately lost mass, which didn't upset me any. I wasn't very flexible when I started, though and my shoulders and quads got in the way.

I used to workout with an actress who stopped lifting (she was on the first season of E/R) and took up yoga--I wouldn't have recognized her.

Top Bottom