Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

caffeine question

Dynex Ck050

I used to drink two cups of coffee before hitting the gym and I could feel the boost of energy and even some type of euphoria , it was a huge stimulant for work out, but after a few months I don't get that feeling anymore, I was reading on a magazine that caffeine cause those side effects on people who doesn't consume it regularly but for those who drink two or three cups daily build caffeine tolerance and therefore after a while it doesn't give you those waking up effects, is it true?

yes it is sadly true. the best thing you can do is stop drinking the coffee for a period of time and better yet don't get addicted in the first place

I do not mess with caffeine unless it is absolutely necessary.. ie i gotta stay late

lots of people are addicted to these stimulants like red bull, monster, pre workouts, etc. not good at all because you have no where to go but down

Your body builds up a tolerance to stimulants like caffeine very fast. That's why you so commonly hear people talk about increasing their pre-workout dosage from 1 scoop, to 2 scoops, to 3 scoops.

Long term stimulant usage burns out your adrenal glands and the stimulants have a much less pronounced effect.

The best thing you can do is cycle your stimulant usage and only use it a few days per week so your body doesn't become dependent on it. I would only use the coffee 2-3 days per week on your hardest training days. Drink decaf coffee or green tea on your other training days.

I used to take caffeine pills, 200mg, before I worked out and had the same feeling. I believed that stopped after about 2 weeks. I have heard of people stopping for almost a month and then going back before those feelings of euphoria and energization came back.

Unless I'm working out late, I only use a preworkout/caffeine on heavy dead and squat days.

Absolutely your body becomes tolerant to caffeine. The best thing you can do is only use it when you really need it. If there is a day where you didn't sleep well the night before, are feeling shitty, or maybe didn't eat enough that day then use the caffeine for the extra boost. Try to stick to food 90 minutes before training as your main energy source.

Its the tolerance build-up that you are experiencing right now.

What you would want to do, is to cut out coffee or any caffeine from your diet and daily life for a few weeks. It will not be easy, but once you hop back on it - you will feel on wings again.

Top Bottom