Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking up using your diet the Steve way

im doing this more or less now trying to bulk, sometimes find it hard during the day to fit in adequate meals at work so started pre cooking chiken for cold sandwiches the following day, and eating chiken breast with white rice tho every evening after training, whats the benefit of brown rice over long grain white?

^^^ brown rice is healthier.

you should either cook your own food the night before or for the week, or you can buy it already cooked. a place like whole foods sells hot food.. i go there weekly, grab about 100 bucks worth of meat already cooked. and all you need is a microwave at work. its cheaper to cook your own food though.. you can boil your chicken breasts or bake all of them together in the oven.

problem i have and im sure many others do is im an engineer so constantly driving up and down the country its hard to reheat meals and its hard to eat some foods cold lol just taste plain nasty, but we do what we can with what we can i guess.

Im not trying to be an ass but most of the advice you gave is not good..

Number 1 mistake is not to do cardio when bulking , cardio is very important not only for your health but also to keep your stamina up and makes you recover faster from workouts because of the blood flow and nutrients delivery, also it makes you rest less between sets since you have the stamina for it.. Now im not saying to do 1 hour cardio everyday but 20 min 4 times a weeks should be enough..

Number 2 mistake is you mention to eat only 3 solid meals with 2 snacks which is defiantly not enough for someone who bust his ass at the gym whit intense workout, 5 solid ass meals should be the minimum.. Me i dont have breakfast, lunch, dinner like most do, i just count how many meals im eating which is 5 meals with 2 shakes.. Pork is also not a good source of protein, chicken breast, beef, eggs are much better at building muscle.. Also pancakes, waffles and honey are not a good breakfast.. oatmeal with protein and a banana is much better, or 10 egg white 2 whole and 3 Ezekiel bread..

Just my opinion..

i think its good advice for a newb looking to learn the basis of bulking, fair enuff i or we and many on this board will be able to change and manipulate the diet to better suit or caloric intake with our protiens fats and carbs, steves always offered good advice wich has always worked so id defo take what hes said and mentioned into consideration and yes it has worked, with me being a hard gain if i do any cardio while bulking i could literally strip all the muscle i put on in a 30min cardio session, so that does work to!

Im not trying to be an ass but most of the advice you gave is not good..

I welcome all opinions good or bad.

once again this bulker isn't for established guys or guys who are overweight, this is for guys who are looking to bulk up cause they are tired of being skinny. there are countless guys who fit that bill who want to juice but don't know how the heck to eat, so they juice and then go no where. this is for them. if you aren't in that category then this thread isn't for you.

Number 1 mistake is not to do cardio when bulking , cardio is very important not only for your health but also to keep your stamina up and makes you recover faster from workouts because of the blood flow and nutrients delivery, also it makes you rest less between sets since you have the stamina for it .. Now im not saying to do 1 hour cardio everyday but 20 min 4 times a weeks should be enough..

when you are straight bulking you should limit cardio. this is bodybuilding 101. cardio will burn away fat and muscle.. why do you think endurance athletes are skinny? cuz they are burning everything away. 20 minutes 4X a week jerking off on the elliptical is fine (cause the elliptical doesn't do shit anyway). but 20 minutes of interval training 4X a week will burn away a ton of muscle and is a no-no. that is the cardio I am talking about when i say cardio. again we are talking about guys who are skinny, not established guys. a lot of times they are skinny cause they do too much cardio in the first place. sorry i have to spell things out to you, but 99% of people understand what real cardio is. some guys think walking to their mailbox counts as cardio, a guy like me who used to run 45 miles a week has a different take obviously. :) have you ever even ran a road race before? half marathon? I have run close to 50 races.. 5K's, 10K's, half marathons. I hope you aren't one of those guys who gets on the elliptical for 30 minutes playing around, and then brags that you just did 30 minutes of cardio to your gym buddies.

when the skinny dude puts on some meat and muscle on their body then they can go back to doing some cardio, but I am not even gonna go into that cause this is not what this thread is all about and you recommending that much cardio is just gonna screw people up.

Number 2 mistake is you mention to eat only 3 solid meals with 2 snacks which is defiantly not enough for someone who bust his ass at the gym whit intense workout, 5 solid ass meals should be the minimum.. Me i dont have breakfast, lunch, dinner like most do, i just count how many meals im eating which is 5 meals with 2 shakes.. Pork is also not a good source of protein, chicken breast, beef, eggs are much better at building muscle.. Also pancakes, waffles and honey are not a good breakfast.. oatmeal with protein and a banana is much better, or 10 egg white 2 whole and 3 Ezekiel bread..

6 meals total every 2 hours is 12 hours for a full day. depending on the person's schedule this is realistic. if you can get in 7-8 then go for it, but most people have school/work.. this isn't a bulker for a pro bodybuilder, this is a bulker for someone who is skinny trying to bulk and its realistic considering most of these guys are teens or in their early 20's and are short on time as it is and money.. .. pork is not necessary, that was merely an example.. interesting out of all that you cherry picked that to try to discredit me, considering pork is actually healthier and has less fat than many meats out there.. when i say pork I don't mean pepperoni or bacon either. . if you are against pork then don't eat it. no set rules. but it would be smart to change things up once in a while instead of eating chicken every meal. throw in some pork, turkey, or some grassfed beef. makes things more fun.

the pancakes/waffles breakfast is just part of the breakfast and the purpose is to get cals and carbs into the body immediately upon waking. it will work very fast for a skinny dude, and just this adjustment can yield them a quick 10-15 pounds within weeks. and I also say to eat eggs, ezekial bread as well. not sure if you just ignored that or you are just trolling.

Just my opinion..
and your opinions especially recommending people do cardio when they are desperate to bulk is completely false, this is one of the most simplest ways to bulk.. eating big, working out big, and limiting cardio. yes cardio is healthy, yes I do SOME cardio myself.. however thats not what this thread is about, its about getting guys who are underweight bulked up.

in bold.

Last edited:
i think its good advice for a newb looking to learn the basis of bulking, fair enuff i or we and many on this board will be able to change and manipulate the diet to better suit or caloric intake with our protiens fats and carbs, steves always offered good advice wich has always worked so id defo take what hes said and mentioned into consideration and yes it has worked, with me being a hard gain if i do any cardio while bulking i could literally strip all the muscle i put on in a 30min cardio session, so that does work to!

looking at his prior posts this guy really doesn't know what he is talking about. he is 23 years old and has 18% body fat which is considered fat for a bodybuilder. gotta be under 15% to even be considered a BB and at his age under 12%.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...-any-advice-greatly-appreciated-816303-2.html <<< look at this. everyone in that thread told him he was wrong. including 3 mods and 3 senior posters.. yet he still thinks his 'opinion' is correct.

on EF i think people know who to listen to and who to not. when a young dude comes on here and thinks he is right and knows everything and is told by mods and senior members that he is wrong he should consider LISTENING instead of insisting he is right. when i was his age i asked the older guys a lot of questions and sucked up as much information as possible. and i did a lot of trial and error and learned what to do and what not to do, so that is what I try and teach on here to others so they don't make the same mistakes and waste their time.

Then you should of rename the thread to, bulking Diet for skinny guys the steve way..
If its just for gaining weight then why not eat mcdonalds, and burger king, taste better, lots of protein lots of carbs lots of calories, great for growth, skinny guys can put on easy 20lb in 2 weeks.. No need for lean chicken and egg whites, its all about bulk right, then fast food is the king...

Top Bottom