Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bulking diet help

jaydee

hey guys, i've been working on my daily food intake over the last few weeks and thought i'd post it up here in case anyone had any helpful advice - wanna make sure i'm doing nothing wrong!

the average day goes alittle something like this:

7am - bowl of cereal, gainer shake (with olive oil and ice cream)
9am - 4 slices of toast
9am - 10:30am - snack on almonds
10:30am - protein/carb bar (approx. 30g of each i believe)
1pm - pasta with rice, or a roast meal.
1pm - 3:30pm - snack on almonds
3:30pm - another protein/carb bar
6:30pm - either steak with vegies or roast chicken or something similar. also an apple or banana
9pm - another gainer shake (with oil and ice cream), a bowl of grapefuit & rockmelon, followed by a tuna sandwich.

^ that's usually how it goes. does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can improve the above diet (keeping in mind i cant have anything that requires a hell of a lot of prep. as im at work mon-fri).

cheers!

Dude, you will never gain drinking shakes, eating bars and snacking on almonds. You have to hit the protein hard, bro. A minimum of 3 meals per day with high protein (tuna, chicken, steak, eggs, etc). Your other 2-3 meals can be shakes. Too many "gainer" shakes will give you, well, nice shakey love handles - they are loaded with sugar. Spend a few bucks and talk to a nutritionist - preferrebly a bodybuilder nutritionist. Start with 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass to start. If you weigh say, 200lbs and have 10% bodyfat, you should be ingesting 180 grams of protein per day. Divide that by 6 meals per day, that would be 30 grams per meal - of quality lean protein. Try to get your protein from food sources first, then after that rely on supplements. My two cents, bro.

Dude, you will never gain drinking shakes, eating bars and snacking on almonds. You have to hit the protein hard, bro. A minimum of 3 meals per day with high protein (tuna, chicken, steak, eggs, etc). Your other 2-3 meals can be shakes. Too many "gainer" shakes will give you, well, nice shakey love handles - they are loaded with sugar. Spend a few bucks and talk to a nutritionist - preferrebly a bodybuilder nutritionist. Start with 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass to start. If you weigh say, 200lbs and have 10% bodyfat, you should be ingesting 180 grams of protein per day. Divide that by 6 meals per day, that would be 30 grams per meal - of quality lean protein. Try to get your protein from food sources first, then after that rely on supplements. My two cents, bro.

atleast 2-3 meals of my meals per day are tuna and chicken or steak though. i only weigh 170 pounds so i thought that'd be enough. would you advise replacing one of the gainer shakes with something else?

also, can too much ever be a bad thing when trying to bulk up? or should i just continue to push myself as hard as i can go?

thx for the reply.

hey guys, i've been working on my daily food intake over the last few weeks and thought i'd post it up here in case anyone had any helpful advice - wanna make sure i'm doing nothing wrong!

the average day goes alittle something like this:

7am - bowl of cereal, gainer shake (with olive oil and ice cream)

Ditch the cereal. Instead have a a bowl (1 cup) of old fashioned oats mixed with milk and frozen berries. Gainer shakes are junk. Scramble up six whole omega three eggs instead. Lose the ice cream too. Not a very healthy food choice even if you want to "Bulk" up.

9am - 4 slices of toast
9am - 10:30am - snack on almonds

You need a complete protein source with every meal. A whey shake mixed with ground oats (homemade weight gainer shake) 2-3 oz of almonds and a piece of fruit would be a good choice here.

10:30am - protein/carb bar (approx. 30g of each i believe)

Most protein bars are pure shit. These are the only ones that I eat and will recommend Better Protein Bars

1pm - pasta with rice, or a roast meal.

Pasta and rice are fine. but not unless you have some lean complete protein with them. Again, chicken, tuna, flank steak, etc

1pm - 3:30pm - snack on almonds

3:30pm - another protein/carb bar

How about some meat, sweet potatoes or brown rice, and a green veggie here. You need real food.

6:30pm - either steak with vegies or roast chicken or something similar. also an apple or banana

This is ok

9pm - another gainer shake (with oil and ice cream), a bowl of grapefuit & rockmelon, followed by a tuna sandwich.

Again, gainer shakes suck. If this is your last meal of the day then you need some slow digesting protein like cottage cheese or even eggs. Also include some fish oil and natty peanut butter. This will insure a positive nitrogen balance while you are sleeping. you got to keep those muscles fed.

^ that's usually how it goes. does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can improve the above diet (keeping in mind i cant have anything that requires a hell of a lot of prep. as im at work mon-fri).

cheers!

I work quite a bit too. Usually around 50 hours a week. I still manage to eat 6-8 meals a day, 3-4 weight training sessions, and 5-7 cardio sessions a week.

Set one day a week for grocery shopping. I usually go on Sunday. Prepare all your meals ahead of time. I usually will cook everything in two batches weekly on Sunday and Wednesday. I store everything in plastic containers and pack all of my food for the day before I leave for work. If you want to grow and succeed at bodybuilding you have to plan ahead. It really is easy to do once you have the proper routine in place. Good luck.

talk to b fold the truth. that man is the king of bulking. in one of his posts he has said he puts 1 lb of cooked ground beef, brown rice, and some other stuff in it and blends it. thats a true bulking shake.

you need to eat whole meals every few hours there are plenty of diets in this forum to look at all are good for the people using them but the only good one you are going to get is the one that you learn that works for you. it is trial and error. keep a log and study yourself. there is not a person on this planet that can tell you exactly what you need to eat. we can only give you basic guides to start with. so here you go start with 2g protein, 3g carbs .5 g fat per lb of body weight per day spread between as many meals as you can 6-8 is good. different foods will act different with you. dont listen to any specific standards like use beef or chicken. just try different things and learn the rest on your own. it takes time.

i just ate 2 cups of brown rice and 2 lbs of red meat and im TAXED. dont see how some BBs can eat that BIG all the time.

i just ate 2 cups of brown rice and 2 lbs of red meat and im TAXED. dont see how some BBs can eat that BIG all the time.

next time you eat that much meat try a sweet tater and a little broccoli with it. i like sweet taters with beef for some reason it is a good combo for me.

Top Bottom