Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking Diet

ctr2020

Info:
Height: 6,1"
Current Weight: 170lbs
Goal weight: 182-189lbs
Build Type: Ecto
Goal weight: 182-189lbs ripped not "big"
Fat % Goal: 9-10 (less if possible through diet if only for a few months, summer)
Additional supps: CNP pro mass proffessional, milk thistle tabs, alpha male advanced mutli vitamin, omega 3 fish oils, creatine (prefer to get it naturaly from reds but always chuck some in with my shake)

Hi guys, new here thanks for looking,

Need some ideas for a good bulking diet to achieve the weight listed above, preferably by August. I train 5-6 days a week. Lift heavy.

Any input would be great.

ps. im the type of guy that could eat 50 mars bars a day 7 days a week and not gain.

:)

A lot of people are hard gainers myself included and before I knew better I would shove my face with ice cream and anything I can find and call it "bulking" now I know better you may be a hard gainer however you may not be eating frequently and the right foods a good diet will be something like this

9am 4 egg whites with 1 full egg
Protein shake
Oatmeal with blueberries or strawberrys

11am breast of chicken with broccoli and a sweet potato

1pm chicken variety of vegetables hard boiled egg without yolk

3pm lean ground beef with beans

6pm protein shake, chicken, vegetables, sweet potato

8pm peanut butter with weat bread

10pm peanuts, pistachio, or cashews

You can play with the times and the meal orders you basically wanna eat every 2-3 hours full meals with carbs stick with lean meat don't eat ice cream or other fatting foods unless you want to do a "dirty bulk" witch will make it harder to lose and cut later on. Keep in mind most people bulk in winter and cut in summer but do what works for you stick with a plan and prep your meals the day before or early in the week

You say you lift 'heavy' which means your probably not doing enough volume and or time under tension to achieve hypertrophy. You should try and stay in the 12-8 rep ranges for 4 sets with only 1 minute to 1 1/2 minute rest intervals. Google hypertrophy specific training or HST for short

cheers.

To be honest i eat more than that now :p im a serious ecto though....

I always do 4 sets of 8, some of which will be a super set or drop set.

On core movments like squats and bench i do 1 *10, 1 *8 , 3*6 and maybe add a burnout set at the end and go till failure.

cheers.

To be honest i eat more than that now :p im a serious ecto though....

I always do 4 sets of 8, some of which will be a super set or drop set.

On core movments like squats and bench i do 1 *10, 1 *8 , 3*6 and maybe add a burnout set at the end and go till failure.

Add 100gm of oats to protein shakes 4times a day.. or even half a scoop of protein just to give it flavour.. 100gm oats has about 60gm carbs if not more depending.on the type.. 240 gm of carbs easy right there

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using EliteFitness

You guys overdo it with the protein intake. Unless you're on gear there is no added benefit of eating more than 1.7 g per kilogram of lean body mass. All these jokers telling you to take 2 grams/lb are simply rehashing broscience. All that happens is your body stops synthesizing protein and starts oxidizing it I.e protein darts, bloat, diarrhea etc...But do whatever the f*** you wanna do! Lol

I'm not hijacking the guy's thread, but I do want to put the scientific perspective of protein intake into the mix for the poster and others. Hopefully, this bit of information will help you all decide one way or another regarding protein intake:

In a recent review Peter Lemon, an international authority on protein metabolism during exercise, stated that it is difficult to make a conclusive protein intake recommendation for those active in regular vigorous exercise because of the complexity of the protein metabolic response to exercise. Nevertheless, recent reviews by some of the most prominent investigators in protein metabolism during exercise provide the basis for some reasonable guidelines. All of the recommendations are consistent with the AMDR (Acceptable Macronutrient Distribution Range) for protein.

1. All athletes should obtain at least the protein RDA (Recommended Daily Average) of approximately 0.8g to 1.0g per kilogram bodyweight daily. Some investigators have suggested trained athletes may actually need less dietary protein because training may have improved their protein efficiency, obtaining at least the RDA however, appears prudent.

2. Some research suggests athletes need to consume at least the RDA for protein. Lemon, though, has indicated it may be prudent to recommend more. The position stand from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM); the American Dietetic Association; and Dieticians of Canada, recommend 1.2 - 1.4g of protein per kilogram of bodyweight for endurance trained athletes and 1.6 - 1.7g for resistance trained athletes. These recommendations approximate a 50-100% increase in the protein RDA, but are well within the AMDR of 10-35 percent of daily energy intake from protein.

Melvin H Williams (2009)
Nutrition for Health, Fitness, and Sport, 8th Edition.

^^ this. Exactly my point. This whole 2 grams per pound habit is a waste of money, macros and gains. AAS can increase nitrogen retention and protein synthesis thus increasing your protein consumption can add returns. But if your natty anything higher than 1.7/kg is going down the toilet. Hard Gainers need more carbohydrates usually, not more protein.

I.also did my research and found that 2g per lb was too much fr natty its a,waste unless ur gearing

Sent from my GT-I9000 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom