Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking but cutting heh.

ZacTargac

So im still trying to put on mass but i want more definition in my abs.

I have been ksinny all my life except now and when i have a bad posture i see the little rolls.

but when i stand straight or flex boom! somewhat decent abs.

Any ideas of what i need to cut out.
Im thinking of replacing a big meal each day and just eating a salad instead. Maybe only one realgains shake pwo although they go through my body slower.

Ideas?

Id say just do a long term bulking cycle. Don't do like 1500 cals above maintinance per day, but maybe 500 or 750. Remember, bodyfat percentage can be lowered by losing fat, or gaining lean body mass. If you have decent abs when you flex and stand striaght, i'd say you're around 10 or 12% bodyfat, a pretty good mark, and if you're skinny then you probably have a lot of room to put on muscle. in my opinion, id just lift real hard, and i endorse the 5x5.

You might try lean gain/lean cycles. That is bulk intelligently for instance 8-10 weeks, then do what might be termed a "hardening" phase. This will last for different periods of time, depending on how long and how hard you bulk. I have done this for years with pretty good success.

Lifter- What would a "hardening" phase consist of in terms of intensity dieting down? What would you typically reduce by?

vin01 said:
Lifter- What would a "hardening" phase consist of in terms of intensity dieting down? What would you typically reduce by?

This is going to be your call, for at this point it is not in response to a contest date or anything, but purely asthetics. I would make it painless as possible. A 250 calorie cut for starters should be no trauma to the body, and no noticeable effects on lifting in the gym.

Continue on with this course as fat loss stalls, cutting calories, adding energy expenditure(cardio for instance), or a combination of both.

I usually start upping my cardio intensity, starting out light, after about 2 caloric cuts, but the choice is yours. I have found through experience that if you up cardio too quickly, at some point you just cannot do more, and you have no resort but to cut more calories. And this can have negative effects at some point as I am sure you know.

Top Bottom