Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Building muscle on a budget....

DanielBishop

I have a few questions here, and if you could take some time to help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

*BUT.... I don't want some big seminar about eating 60mg of pynozymanning and 18cc's of amolymelium and drinking a liquid meal with 14gm of abanamamoid.... I don't know a lot about the technical side of things, and don't care to. I don't have the time or energy for that.... if you're going to answer, please answer in layman terms that I can understand, using real food terms. For example, chicken breast is a real food term. Telling me to drink 20gm of dextrose postworkout, won't really help me. Thanks.*

Okay, so.... I don't have much money, and can't afford to buy supplements. It's simply out of the question. Having said that....

1) Are there any cheap alternatives to supplements (ie. once someone told me that skim milk powder is good.... I understand that these will be very much inferior to real supplements, but I have no choice).

2) What is the best food to eat first thing in the morning?

3) How often should I eat if I want to gain muscle (I don't care about gaining fat at this time)?

4) What are the best types of carbohydrate foods to eat for bulking (can't be bothered to read the whole article), in real food terms please (eg. oatmeal, rice etc....)

5)How often should I be eating them?

6) Please list the best and cheapest protein sources. I already eat lots of chicken, eggs and even ham (I know it's probably not doing my arteries much good, but it's cheap and convenient). Also milk.

7) How often should I be eating them? Should I mix them with the carbs or doesn't it matter?

8) Best pre-workout meal, and how long before training?

9) Best post-workout meal (keeping in mind that it takes me 15-20 minutes to walk home from the gym). Is there anything small and convenient I could take with me to eat on the way home? (Please use real food terms.... don't tell me to have dextrose followed by a liquid whey protein meal- doesn't help me)

10) Is there any way to make tuna taste better?Because I can barely get through a single can anymore.

11) Are there any good fats I should be eating to help me gain muscle, and what foods contain these?

12) What about meals before bed?

I think that's all.... if I think of anymore, I'll add them as they come. I know this seems like a lot of questions, but you only have to answer them simply and briefly. I just want to gain muscle, not become Mr. O....

Thank you.

That's a lot of questions.

I'll try to go through them one at a time and see if I can help.

1) Alternative to suppliments for what? Do you mean protein supps? If you mean creatine then red meat is the best natural source I know of. You should take a multivit. Other than that, the alternative to suppliments is to eat foods that contain everything you need.

2)Depends on your goal. From the rest of your post, I'm assuming you are trying to bulk. In that case, eat oatmeal and eggs in the morning. It gets your protein and carbs to get your blood sugar up so you aren't 'fasting' from your night without eating. If you're dieting it's different.

3)Every 2 hours or so to make sure you never have to use your body's stores for nutrients.

4) for bulking, eat calories. Anything is ok from a carb standpoint except refined sugar in my opinion. Oatmeal, rice and bread are good, but fruits are fine too when your bulking.. Eat a lot.

5) see 3

6)Cheapest protein sources are eggs, peanut butter, and milk. Milk's a great one when you're bulking. Buy the store brand, and drink a gallon a day.

7)see 3. Mix carbs and protein. *technical side here* you want the insulin the carbs bring out to shuttle the protein into the muscles.

8)Eat toast or oatmeal about an hour before you workout, and then fruit right before.

9)I like a protein and a carb immediately post workout. Buy the little packages of lunch meat, and a container of honey. Eat the lunchmeat and a couple of tablespoons of honey.

10)Matter of taste.. Try mayo with it.. Try lots of salt and pepper. try bbq sauce.. Put mayo, eggs, and pickles in it.

11)There are lots of good fats. Get them from olive oil, peanut butter, and nuts.

12)If you're bulking, then again, you want some protein and long acting carb source to sustain you and repair during the night. maybe peanut butter toast with honey on it.. There are lots of choices there..

I hope this helps.. Good luck.

Are you f-ing kidding?! This is a PERFECT example of why there is a search feature provided. Everything you asked has been covered within the last two weeks....this would not be a hard search.

LOL, You got it Eve! No one wants to put in the time, they all want it handed to them.

Onenameleft, you're too nice!

Top Bottom