Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Buckwheat benefits?

Alameral

I don't know about the US, but in Europe we gotbuckwheat that you can buy dirt cheap. I think it is a healthy foodand it can be a good replacement for rice. How do you think it canfit a bodybuilder's diet? Thanks!

Well, it gets larger in size, so for a normal adult portion you would need to boil no more than half a glass of the buckwheat... other than calories, do you think it has the nutrients and minerals?

Actually, Buckwheat is a very interesting and nice crop to eat. First of all, it is very reach in iron, so it is a good natural source for that mineral. Secondly, it will digest rather slowly, so it will give you more energy for longer.

One fun fact from the past. In the really old times in Tsar Russia (buckwheat is very popular there), they would measure how energy efficient are different foods. Their index was - after eating a plate of this food, how much field work can a man do. With buckwheat they were getting the most work done, because as I mentioned above, it gives a shit load of energy for a very long time, not in a spike.

I am actually a HUGE buckwheat fan. It's one of the few grains that is gluten free.

The only thing that sucks about buckwheat is that it's really expensive here in canada. It's like 10x the cost of oatmeal. If it was the same cost as oatmeal, I would eat buckwheat as my main carbohydrate source.

It is not extremely popular here but it definitely has good nutritional value to it. I would add it to your diet for sure. Instead of cutting out rice, just keep things interesting and eat a variety of good carbs.

Top Bottom