Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bryan Haycock adresses the caffeine/insulin sensitivity issue

=w=

IN A THREAD ON THE HST FORUM

Caffein does temporarily decrease insulin sensitivity. So does anything else that is "lipolytic". I have read the study(s).

Exercise was shown to negate (reverse) the effect of the caffeine. This is because of what is called non-insulin dependant glucose uptake.

Anything that stimulates the release of noradrenaline or adrenaline will decrease insulin sensitivity. Even an increase in blood levels of released fatty acids will decrease insulin sensitivity. Its called the glucose fatty acid cycle, or the Randle Cycle. This is because the fat cell's "machinery" is not designed to store and release fuel at the same time. This would be counter productive. The only exception is exercise, where the body wants to release fuel from fat cells at the moment, but increase its ability to take in fuel to replace what it lost from muscle as fast as possible afterwards (or "during" exercise in the case of muscle tissue).

No need to panic about caffeine and insulin sensitivity. Its effects on insulin sensitivity have been known for a long time.

so, coffee before cardio and/or weight training is OK ?

Before cardio and training is fine. I still think you are fine anytime you are hypocaloric (since some degree of insulin resistance is desireable on a diet), and though I dont think that it is really that big of a deal or worth stressing over I guess while hypercaloric the issue would be one of dosage and timing.

should i take this into consideration when taking my ephedrine/caffeine? i usually take it 3x/day 30 minutes before a meal

Top Bottom