Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

breaking a fast with a large meal?

Majorin

I keep on experimenting with fasting and high fat dieting. it has worked great for me, i feel so much better and am leaner. my question is when i break a fast what should i be eating and is it dangerous to break a fast with a large meal? when i eat my stomach hurts and i get diarhea for whatever reason.

if you are fasting long enough to shut down your digestive system and you go and eat a large meal it will not end well for you. stick to watery fruits or homemade bone broth as your first meals

if you are fasting less than 24 hours then you can most certainly eat a moderate meal, just make sure it isn't pizza and beer. be practical on what you eat.

also don't be tempted to eat a lot. your hgh and ghrelin will be sky high so your body will have an appetite. that isn't because it is hungry like people assume. it is because our bodies have adapted to feast after a famine. that is natures way. so you need to be disciplined to stick to a post fast meal plan.

I did intermittent fasting exclusively for about 4 years, and studied ot and experimented with it a lot. The type of IF I followed and the type I recommend which is derived from Martin Berkhan recommended your fast breaking meal as your largest of the day with at least 60% of your total calories for the day. This is what I did and what worked best for me. You get an enormous anabolic response, particularly if its post workout and its the best time to capitalize on it with the bulk of your calories. This is just what I did when I did fast. I dont fast anymore. Take it or leave it. Just my two cents

Top Bottom