Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bran987's Diet Journal with Pics: Must Get In Shape.

sawastea said:
EFA's are VERY beneficial. Shoot for 3g EPA/DHA daily, derived from fish oil. Of course you can add flax oil ;)
sawas
my fish oil caps - each 1 contains 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA.

I usually take 6-8 caps/day is that not enough? That would be ~ 1.26 grams EPA and 840 mg DHA.

I know you PM's me, but I want it so others gain gain some info too....

The best way to beat this thing is to go home tonight and spell everything out

I'm gonna eat 6 times today. At 6am I'll have...........at 9am I'll have..........at noon...............

THEN

pack it all in tupparware and carry it with you ALL DAY. If you have an office, buy a mini fridge, etc. But there should be no excuse for missing a meal or having to eat ff..........this coming weekend, cook up a dozen chicken breasts or the like.........get yourself a scale. Weigh em out, seal em up, and fridge em or freeze. Same with brown rice and or yams.

Go to the grocery. Get your essentials and only your essentials. for me its:

eggs
chicken
lean beef
salad stuff and fresh veggies
berries,bananas, strawberries
OATS, Rolled and Steel cut
brown rice
yams
skim milk
and about 6 tubs of dry curd cottage cheese.
(or, and a HUGE sack of shelled peanuts!! :)

set your alarm pne hour early. Do 30 minutes of cardio before you start your day. Train in the pm...........and you are ready to rcok my friend.

FAILING TO PLAN = PLANNING TO FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jakerz :)

I have a fridge at work. I don't know how to weigh chicken. How much chicken in weight = 35g protein?

how many days/week is it safe to train without overdoing it? (I don't use steroids)

bran987 said:
sawas

I usually take 6-8 caps/day is that not enough? That would be ~ 1.26 grams EPA and 840 mg DHA.

Bran,

10 fish oil caps will be concentrated at 3g EPA/DHA

(180mg/120mg = 300mg) x 10 = 3000mg

I have concentrated caps that are 45% EPA/DHA so I can take 7 and have over 3g. Spread it out daily, 2x5 or 3x3+1

go with 6 oz, trimmed nicely.......you dont need to worry about overtraining, esp. with your schedule. I want you to make a damn hard effort to go every single day. The way I figure it, you'll get in 4 maybe 5 max. Not a flame, 100% serious.

bran987 said:
sawas

bran, you may want to look into hemp seed oil. Has a better profile than flax (and has a pleasant nutty taste.) It was suggested to me a couple months ago on here and I definitely like it better than flax.

Hemp seed oil offers the direct metabolites of Omega-6 and 3, Gamma-Linolenic Acid and Stearidonic Acid. These metabolites are the same fats that are found in fish oils and are involved in the production of prostaglandin for hormones and in immune functions. Even if one did get unrefined sunflower oil and mixed it with unrefined flaxseed oil, you would mimic Hemp seed oil's Omega-6 to 3 ratio, but still be missing their direct higher metabolites.
(from http://www.manitobaharvest.com/nutrition/index.asp?itemID=74 ) Also some info at http://www.eco-natural.com/oils/hemp_seed_oil.html

sawastea said:
Bran,

10 fish oil caps will be concentrated at 3g EPA/DHA

(180mg/120mg = 300mg) x 10 = 3000mg

I have concentrated caps that are 45% EPA/DHA so I can take 7 and have over 3g. Spread it out daily, 2x5 or 3x3+1
Damn that's alot of fish oil caps. Why don't you go with a product that contains higher ratios of EPA and DHA?

Deltree, I'm going to try the hemp oil, thank you.

freakmonster, what is higher in EPA and DHA than fish oil?? nothing I thought!

Jkurz, wow, OK, I didn't know I could go that much. I used to go 3-4 times week max I didn't think you could work out more than that without being on steroids. I bust my ass pretty hard in there.

OK, I finished up Day 2 with these meals:

4:30pm: Can of Tuna & 1/3 can Black Beans, 3 fish oil caps

7:30pm: Spinach Salad with Chicken, no dressing

10:30pm: Tablespoon of Flax, 2 fish oil caps, protein shake.

Shit, everytime I come home my brother is gone I can't have him take pics of me. I wanted to do it for real but it's been 2 days so I want to get at least a couple pics up here for Week 1.

God it is embarassing to look this way, but here is what we have to work with:

http://home.ripway.com/2004-5/117542/Week1-Front.jpg

http://home.ripway.com/2004-5/117542/Week1-Back.jpg

Please help me. I know I have to help myself but I need your help too I am so far gone. I don't want these love handles and gut at 25. I will go to the gym everyday jkurz. Let's do this!

Top Bottom