Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bran987's Diet Journal with Pics: Must Get In Shape.

Funny, I had home made enchiladas for my bday lunch... weird, since we are not big fans of mexican food, but my wife took a course and was practicing with me... luckily it turned out for the good....

going out now to run 5 miles and tomorrow is double cardio day

pintoca said:
Funny, I had home made enchiladas for my bday lunch... weird, since we are not big fans of mexican food, but my wife took a course and was practicing with me... luckily it turned out for the good....

going out now to run 5 miles and tomorrow is double cardio day
well I would have loved to have the crispy tacos they are so good there, but I was trying to avoid the tortillas (crispy OR soft) at all costs, so I just got the salad :). hope your birthday is going well!

Bran -- what are your goals again??

Are you going for all-around-fitness/general health??

If so, then I would say it's OK to sometimes go out to eat, etc -- just don't make it an everyday thing & do like you did -- order the healthiest thing....

jenscats5 said:
Bran -- what are your goals again??

Are you going for all-around-fitness/general health??

If so, then I would say it's OK to sometimes go out to eat, etc -- just don't make it an everyday thing & do like you did -- order the healthiest thing....
well let's just put it this way I used to be like 5'6" 165 lbs. at 8-9% BF and I was so happy with that, I looked really good. I don't want to be one of those 5'6" 190 lb. monkey idiots walking around that only looks good if you're a taller guy. I got up in the high 170's once and I looked basically like a monkey.

But now I'm within 5 lbs. of the weight I want to be at, but about 6-7% HIGHER bodyfat which looks COMPLETELY different in a bad way. like I said I'll take pics tonight and show ya. I just want to be back to where I was I was happy benching 240 for reps and squatting/deadlifting 275-300 for reps I don't need to be a monster, but it's just so frustrating to go into the gym now and struggle with weights much lower than that. My goal is to be back where I was last year damnit :) that's who I see myself as.

bran987 said:
well let's just put it this way I used to be like 5'6" 165 lbs. at 8-9% BF and I was so happy with that, I looked really good. I don't want to be one of those 5'6" 190 lb. monkey idiots walking around that only looks good if you're a taller guy. I got up in the high 170's once and I looked basically like a monkey.

But now I'm within 5 lbs. of the weight I want to be at, but about 6-7% HIGHER bodyfat which looks COMPLETELY different in a bad way. like I said I'll take pics tonight and show ya. I just want to be back to where I was I was happy benching 240 for reps and squatting/deadlifting 275-300 for reps I don't need to be a monster, but it's just so frustrating to go into the gym now and struggle with weights much lower than that. My goal is to be back where I was last year damnit :) that's who I see myself as.

Ok so you want 1) more strength 2) lower bodyfat.

I think if you keep your diet 90% clean then you can have the occasional meal out.....just plan ahead so you don't get stuck. Can't wait to see the pix.

Thats why I said once a week......if you goals are to be sub9%, you need to be clean 99% of the time........seriously, it's harder now since you are older........

You know how many times I've eaten out with someone a brought a small meal in? No one cares........just order a diet coke.

BTW - the burrito there is pure grease.......next time, go with a veggie bowl and add your own tuna or chicken. There are ways around it bro...just depends on how strict you want to be.

bran987 said:
My mother invited me to lunch on a moment's notice and that's where she was eating, I can't totally stop my life for this but I can do the best that I can do to work around and still live but I wasn't going to bring a can of tuna into a restaurant and embarass my mother. I ordered the healthiest thing on the menu (no tortilla, just chicken, rice beans, and avocado) and I only ate half to keep the calories within normal meal range. and this is my SECOND day :).
good job on getting the burrito bo'l instead of the toritalla, but u shouldta even ahd the rice... and even just chicken in it is still like 700 cals in the bowl.

chipotle? lol u shoulda stopped at 7 11 and gotten some jerky or tuna or something and just kept her company

SublimeZM said:
good job on getting the burrito bo'l instead of the toritalla, but u shouldta even ahd the rice... and even just chicken in it is still like 700 cals in the bowl.

chipotle? lol u shoulda stopped at 7 11 and gotten some jerky or tuna or something and just kept her company
yeah I only ate half of it because I knew it was high cal. I guess I will just throw the other half of the bowl away instead of eating it as leftovers. hell I didn't know it was so unhealthy. and I got the rice with beans because I thought rice + beans made complete protein but I guess that was faulty logic! thanks guys

bran987 said:
yeah I only ate half of it because I knew it was high cal. I guess I will just throw the other half of the bowl away instead of eating it as leftovers. hell I didn't know it was so unhealthy. and I got the rice with beans because I thought rice + beans made complete protein but I guess that was faulty logic! thanks guys
im fat now too, we should hang out sometime

KillahBee said:
a) I agree, Persians are destined for fatness

b) you think some EFA's with the last meal (pre-bed) would help here?

EFA's are VERY beneficial. Shoot for 3g EPA/DHA daily, derived from fish oil. Of course you can add flax oil ;)

Top Bottom