Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bodyweight x ????

Senior Woonaki

bodyweight x ????

Just wondering number you should multiply your bodyweight by to:
STAY THE SAME
LOSE BODY FAT - not too much muscle loss
GAIN MASS - not too much fat gain

I have been seeing a whole bunch different formula's and was wondering which one was correct. Are there any factors you should consider when performing these calculations.

it all depends, but these are general guidelines

Just wondering number you should multiply your bodyweight by to:
STAY THE SAME
BWx 14-15
x 11-12
GAIN MASS - not too much fat gain
x 17-19

Mr.X

Mr.x, I did bodyweightx15 and it worked out at roughly 3500cals. I'm trying to cut at the moment and i've cut calories by 500 a day and i'm doing cardio 4x a week for 30 mins. My plan was to slowly decrease calories over 12 weeks, dropping by 250 every 3 weeks, eg. weeks 1-3, 3000cal, 3-6, 2750cal, 6-9, 2500cal, 9-12, 2250cal. I don't really want to lose a lot of muscle but I want to lose the fat. Also, as I decrease the cals I'm also increasing the cardio, eventually to 6x a week before breakfast doing 60mins brisk walking. I also supplement with dymetadrine xtreme (US version) and 20g of glutamine a day. Is this all ok or should i drop the calories some more? Please give me some advice, thx.

SteR said:
Mr.x, I did bodyweightx15 and it worked out at roughly 3500cals. I'm trying to cut at the moment and i've cut calories by 500 a day and i'm doing cardio 4x a week for 30 mins. My plan was to slowly decrease calories over 12 weeks, dropping by 250 every 3 weeks, eg. weeks 1-3, 3000cal, 3-6, 2750cal, 6-9, 2500cal, 9-12, 2250cal. I don't really want to lose a lot of muscle but I want to lose the fat. Also, as I decrease the cals I'm also increasing the cardio, eventually to 6x a week before breakfast doing 60mins brisk walking. I also supplement with dymetadrine xtreme (US version) and 20g of glutamine a day. Is this all ok or should i drop the calories some more? Please give me some advice, thx.

As I pointed out, to CUT you need:
x 11-12

weight x 11-12, not x 15, so I would suggest recalculating your numbers.

Mr.X

Yea I know. What I meant was I calculated my maintainance cals by multiplying my bodyweight by 15 and then decided to take off 500cals for cutting. So originally it was 3500 and i decided to take it down to 3000 in order to cut if you see what I mean. The thing is I don't really want to lose any muscle and MAYBE if possible add a tiny bit. As I said I'll continue to decrease calories by 250 every 3 weeks until the 12/16 weeks are over. Would this be appropriate? Also I'm taking 4caps of dymetadrine daily for the whole 12 weeks.

SteR said:
Yea I know. What I meant was I calculated my maintainance cals by multiplying my bodyweight by 15 and then decided to take off 500cals for cutting. So originally it was 3500 and i decided to take it down to 3000 in order to cut if you see what I mean. The thing is I don't really want to lose any muscle and MAYBE if possible add a tiny bit. As I said I'll continue to decrease calories by 250 every 3 weeks until the 12/16 weeks are over. Would this be appropriate? Also I'm taking 4caps of dymetadrine daily for the whole 12 weeks.

I think you would be able to do good while gradually decreasing caloric intake, but unless AS is present you will not be gaining any muscle mass. I do like the program you present, keep me updated on the results......

Mr.X

if you cut at weight x9-11 cals how much more muscle do you risk losing

and x15 to maintain.. is that for active people?

THANKS!

Judo Tom said:
if you cut at weight x9-11 cals how much more muscle do you risk losing

and x15 to maintain.. is that for active people?

THANKS!

muscle loss is a very individual issue, some dont loose much at all untill they dip below 6%BF, some need to add AS to preserve, it does seem to depend on how far past your genetic limit you are as far as your musculature goes

Top Bottom