Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding Routine

Mad_Science

After searching last year all over the net for some great bodybuilding sites and revisiting these sites again today, I think I finally may have found the pro's that can help.

I am an 18 year old recent high school graduate, who would like to have a bigger body. Currently I weigh about 152 pounds and I stand 6 feet tall. My body can be described as ectomorph because I really don't have any muscle definitions, but rather am just a tall skinny kid.

I am planning to enter the field of firefighting pretty soon and with my current physique, I am having doubts that I will be able to keep up with the others considering the fact that firefighting is very physical and you need to have a strong body in order to carry all the equipment, and possibly victims.

What I am looking for from the members of the board is an effective bodybuilding routine, a good protein shake that I can buy at a store, the foods I should be eating(I have read around here that chicken, fish, pasta, egg whites are good for you), any natural vitamins that I can take to incrase my results, and any other info that will help me accomplish my goal of growing my body.

Thank you in advance for any helpful and positive advice.

first off congrats on entering into the world of bodybuilding. secondly let me help you out before you get flamed for not reading 100's of posts on this same topic. go into the wieghtlifting forum....sounds like strength is what your looking for right? well some 5X5 should do a body a good. as far as nutrition goes....go to the diet forum and read up.....plenty of diets there for you to look at. you weigh 150lbs? you should try and intake at least 225g of protein a day spread over 5-7 meals (completely your choice) as far as protein shakes are concerned alot of bros use ON whey protein...it's pretty cheap..about $20 for 2 lbs. personally i use mhp products but that is b/c is get a discount...they are pretty expensive imo.

go to fiday.com and creat a sign on and keep track of your macros....if strength and size is your game i'm assuming you should be eating at least 2800 cals (bare min) a day at your weight. (i cut on 2000 and i weigh 169lbs) i'm sure other bors will chime in.....but keep reading b/c most of your answers are already there.

Ectomorph... u need to be full at almost ALL times throughout the day... just eat, try to keep it clean... but fast food won't kill u and it'll be hard to get in Alot of clean calories.

Growing = Calories In > Calories Out

Do research on a 5x5 type routine, it'd be a great start for you.

Welcome.

Thank you to both of you for your insight.

jpt- I was expecting to get flamed from someone for starting the thread, so if someone did it then it would not bother me at all. I have read a lot since last night around here, but mostly on the diet section and thought maybe someone can get me started right now so that I can at least start doing something while trying to grasp all this knowledge about bodybuilding.

Thanks again for the insight from both of you and I'll do some research as you guys have suggested on the 5x5 routine.

Mad_Science said:
Thank you to both of you for your insight.

jpt- I was expecting to get flamed from someone for starting the thread, so if someone did it then it would not bother me at all. I have read a lot since last night around here, but mostly on the diet section and thought maybe someone can get me started right now so that I can at least start doing something while trying to grasp all this knowledge about bodybuilding.

Thanks again for the insight from both of you and I'll do some research as you guys have suggested on the 5x5 routine.

GOOD LUCK BRO...KEEP US UPDATED ON YOUR PROGRESS!

Mad_Science said:
and thought maybe someone can get me started right now so that I can at least start doing something while trying to grasp all this knowledge about bodybuilding.
For most of us it's a lifelong commitment and progression to better ourselves... we learn daily (i'm not a competitior) but as you will read, no matter what level you're at, we're all still learning about what works best for OUR bodies (everyone's different). Experimentation is the name of the game.

sgtslaughter said:
For most of us it's a lifelong commitment and progression to better ourselves... we learn daily (i'm not a competitior) but as you will read, no matter what level you're at, we're all still learning about what works best for OUR bodies (everyone's different). Experimentation is the name of the game.

^^^

I'm a Firefighter and can tell you first hand that THE most important thing for the job is core strength and cardio. Make sure your strong and can through that lady down those stairs when her house is on fire. I love it....come on now...you can do it...I like what everyone has to say. Train hard and keep reading and pushing yourself.

Thanks ffQuads! I figured with the load that Firefighters have to work with, there is no way I can make it with my current physique.

I did some research on the 5x5 routine and that is exactly the type of beginning stuff that I was looking for. :beer:

I am going to take some pictures later today of my body and then every week from then on to see if I make any progress or not.

jpt said:
first off congrats on entering into the world of bodybuilding. secondly let me help you out before you get flamed for not reading 100's of posts on this same topic. go into the wieghtlifting forum....sounds like strength is what your looking for right? well some 5X5 should do a body a good. as far as nutrition goes....go to the diet forum and read up.....plenty of diets there for you to look at. you weigh 150lbs? you should try and intake at least 225g of protein a day spread over 5-7 meals (completely your choice) as far as protein shakes are concerned alot of bros use ON whey protein...it's pretty cheap..about $20 for 2 lbs. personally i use mhp products but that is b/c is get a discount...they are pretty expensive imo.

go to fiday.com and creat a sign on and keep track of your macros....if strength and size is your game i'm assuming you should be eating at least 2800 cals (bare min) a day at your weight. (i cut on 2000 and i weigh 169lbs) i'm sure other bors will chime in.....but keep reading b/c most of your answers are already there.

what is fiday.com, i tried to look it up and didn't find anything

Top Bottom