Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding food alternatives: twelve surprising muscle-building foods

jonathanallen

Numerous less common foods never even show up on most bodybuilders' radar screens, but they should. Many foods are equally advantageous to bodybuilders in terms of supporting growth and recovery. Plus, every food has a unique nutritional profile. In many ways, the greater the variety, the more optimal the results.
Consider adding these foods to your bodybuilding nutrition plan.
Ostrich | Everyone's familiar with chicken, the low-fat bird that's dense in protein and extremely low in dietary fat. It's a red meat alternative. Here's another: ostrich. As a protein food, it's on par with chicken and it's also low in fat. However, it has a nutrition profile similar to red meat--more creatine, iron and B vitamins than poultry, but with drastically less dietary fat and calories than red meat.
You can eat ostrich as a staple, several times a week. Eight ounces of ostrich top loin (precooked weight) has about 50 grams (g) of protein and only 7 g of fat. (The same precooked amount of lean beef tri-tip has a few less grams of protein and three times the fat.) With its lower fat content, ostrich cooks faster than red meat.
smile.gif

Bison meat.... very good !!! And if you haven't tried it, moose!!! Ive applied for a moose hunting permit for the last few years (never got one) if i ever do, ill have about 800lbs of it.....

any sort of GAME meat really

bison is one of my favourites since it has a distinct unique taste that is very good.

the downside is it can get rather pricey versus your traditional proteins (chicken, beef)

Bison meat.... very good !!! And if you haven't tried it, moose!!! Ive applied for a moose hunting permit for the last few years (never got one) if i ever do, ill have about 800lbs of it.....

They sell that at Road House Grill here in Cali. It's a lot leaner but taste weird to me.

Im a huge bison fan. I eat 1/2 pack of ground bison a day.... its about 8oz. They sell it at albertsons for around $6.00 for a lb. I dont think its that pricey really... id rather pay the few extra bucks and be able to stomach eating it every day :)

Top Bottom