Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

body fat percentage

azcoliseum

I did a body fat percentage test online that calculated my body fat as 17%. It used my waist(29.5 inches)largest part of buttox(33.5 inches) and my hip bone(29 inches). Is this a good lean body fat percentage, or is this an overweight or high fat body percentage.

For males it would be overwight, I think over 18% or mabe its 22% is considered obese (not sure), But females (which looking from what you measured I assume you are), Not sure I know the good BF% ratio is quite a bit higher than that of mens. 17% might be considered normal, with 13% being around as lean as you would want to get. Though I don't know too much about it, you might want to try on the womens board.

22% is not scary!!! I am 23 % but still only 51kg and 165cm tall. I am an ex-anorexic who has recovered but needs to build muscle to restore all I lost when I was really skinny. Please do not say 22% is scary, as I think it could really discourage those new people who are at that or higher (assuming you meant it in a negative way)

Mine's 23% right now but I'm a work in prgress. Sorry to offend, but I think 22% as an average is a little scary--remember the average American woman is supposedly 5'4" and 150 lbs. I'm not a fat-a-phobe, but I think in the interests of public health, the standards have been set a little low.

I think NightFly (who's been bulking and will start cutting in a month or so) is about that BF%, but she's been bulking. I'm back lifting after two years off with a severe neck injury and I certainly sympathize with anyone's struggles.

hey bro, those online tests are bull
you might have wider hips or bigger bones, I mean nothing is taken into account
you might have a GROWTH gut, or huge abs
I did one it said I was 9%
then did a Caliper test I was 6%
see the difference
My 2¢
Mr.X

Just to reply... its not like i have a fat gut or anything. I have some fat below my belly button and small love handles on my sides. Also, I am a male 5'3 107 pounds

I cannot imagine a more inaccurrate method of measuring bodyfat than an online calculator. Get a professional to measure you up if you really want to know your approx %BF.

Originally posted by azcoliseum:
Just to reply... its not like i have a fat gut or anything. I have some fat below my belly button and small love handles on my sides. Also, I am a male 5'3 107 pounds
5'3" 107 pounds.How old are you 10 LOL.Just kiddin.But really whats your age.

Top Bottom