Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body Builders French Toast.....Low Carb!

HANSEL

Ive been eating this like twice a day lately, so good. This can be ready within Ten minutes of awakening or pre-prepared for on the go. Taste is Excellent, I promise.

1 Scoop Whey Protein
1-2 Packets Splenda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/3 cup eggwhites

Blend up or Whisk it into a nice batter.

Pour onto a plate, Microwave for about 1.5 Minutes on 70%.

Be careful not to over cook! It should lift away from the plate and should be a bit juicy on the bottom when perfectrly done. I havent needed any PAM spray but it would be fine.

From here I usually plate and eat with some SF Maple syrup, look for one sweetened with Splenda. The Egg and cinnamon mix tastes great, alot like french toast. This can be done many otherways obviously, I make sponge cakes with cream cheese frosting etc this way.

But from here they can be wrapped for later, post workout, drive to work, whatever. There especially good reheated in a toaster for short time.

So, I figure this recipe is

Per Cake:
1.5 gr Fat
3 gr carb
26 gr Protein
0 gr Fiber

Tried it a couple nights ago. I didn't use real egg whites though, so perhaps that's why they tasted terrible.

I used best of the egg, egg white pretend crap. :) I don't recommend it.

Well, Im happy to see someone tried it!

The Egg Whites are pretty tastless and not too salty, I use 2 packs of splenda to counter the egg.

Hopefully you didnt waste too many ingredients SOEX, How did it come out? too dry or just no taste?

Hey, not bad!!

I think my microwave sucks.... I kept it at medium, but the outside was getting overcooked and it was still runny in the middle.

Reminded me more of a chocolate/cinnamon pancake than French toast (probably due to my chocolate protein powder) but overall it was very good!!

Nice idea. Well done.

Splenda is artificial sweetener using sucralose. "Its made from sugar so it tastes like sugar" is there slogan.

Im glad you liked it Daniel, let us know of any cool variations of this you come up with.
Ill have to edit my post to to like 50% power at 2:00 minutes+
As for the sides, it happens to me as well, I drip the end of the mixture around the edges so the heaviest part of the mix is on the edges, it helps.

I also had the same problem as Daniel, Hansel.

I'm going to give it a try soon with real eggs, and not any fake egg stuff.

I'm also going to make sure I make the pancakes small, that way they will hopefully cook a little more even.

When I did it I burned the outside (was very hard) and the inside was still liquid.

Eh, all in the name of low carb good taste. ;)

I think I have these perfected now......Try this SOEX

Always cook on Full Power/High.

Use closer to 1/4 cup of Liquid eggwhites so the batter is thick ( I have been adding 1/2 teaspoon of Psyllium husk to thicken, works well) Or add extra Powder. When the batter is nice n thick it will cook very evenly. Mine have been coming out PERFECT lately. Please let me know If I can help you further.

Splenda is a must also because of the heating facter.

I hear you on the overdone edges, hasnt happened to me in a long time though. Thick batter and dont over cook and youll be golden man.

Top Bottom