Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BMR Calculator?

I think Spatts had one on here a while back.......

The thread was called something like, "...so how many calories do you really need."

Sorry I can't find it right now.....I'm at work. :)

dzuljas said:
You guys know any good websites that calculate BMR?

Their are loads and loads of them. just do a search on google or yahoo and you should find some. however some give me different results and i weren't 2 sure which ones to follow. A good way which i have learned from the boards is that BMR is your bodyweight (in lbs) x 12 so for example a 200lb guy would be:

200 x 12 = 2400 cals BMR

no you would do bodyweight x 12 as that is BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and that just calculates what you body would need if you lay in bed all day. So if you eat you bw x 12 you should lose weight coz your usual daily activities would burn enough calories for this.

I use 10 x my LBM which is 1500 cals per day...I use this because it works when I apply it.

That's the best I can do, shy of going up to the physiology lab to have my BMR tested.

BW x 15 is the common equation given for maintenance but you know as well as I do that no magic number works for everyone. Endormorphs require less and we know that ectomorphs require more. I doubt BW x 15 is your number, but it can be a good starting point. Remember that your macronutrient breakdown plays a role in how many calories you can eat as well. If you pound down junk food then even if you eat maintenance calories you may actually get fatter. If you eat good, clean foods with a higher protein intake with healthy fats and low GI carbs you may actually be able to eat more than maintenance.

Top Bottom