Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Blood Sugar Levels

C

chipvideo

3 hours after I had my 8 ounce steak with 25 grams of carbs via a small potato and good size salad my blood sugar is 100. Is this ideal on a low carb diet. I am getting about 200 grams protein,125 grams carbs and 75 grams fat per day split into 5 meals. I am just wondering if I should wait longer or should I eat now anyhow. I am thinking that low carbs would keep my blood sugar higher as there won't be any large amounts of insulin in my blood causing a sudden drop in sugars.

chipvideo said:
3 hours after I had my 8 ounce steak with 25 grams of carbs via a small potato and good size salad my blood sugar is 100. Is this ideal on a low carb diet. I am getting about 200 grams protein,125 grams carbs and 75 grams fat per day split into 5 meals. I am just wondering if I should wait longer or should I eat now anyhow. I am thinking that low carbs would keep my blood sugar higher as there won't be any large amounts of insulin in my blood causing a sudden drop in sugars.

Blood sugar at 100 after a steak, that's not alltogether bad considering you were measuring the bS 3hrs post with the potatoe being digested already. was it a regular white pot.:?

Mr.X

I forgot to add: ideally, your Blood sugar level should be around 65-85 for your to be in and around ketogenic levels.

Mr.X

Mr.X said:
I forgot to add: ideally, your Blood sugar level should be around 65-85 for your to be in and around ketogenic levels.

Mr.X

I don't expect to be anywhere near ketosis as I am eating around 140 grams of carbs per day. I workout in the morning and I am thinking that maybe I should have zero carbs after 6.

I ate another meal about 10 minutes after the 100 reading on my blood sugar and it consisted of 3 oz of roast beef,2/3 cup cottage cheese, cup of celery and 1/2 cup of high fiber cereal and 1 cup of carb countdown milk. I then waited 1 hour and checked my blood sugar and it was 130. I am nervous. Is my body just not releasing insulin like it should or is this normal or good that my body isn't releasing insulin like crazy. I just have the understanding that when blood sugars range like that it is impossible to lose fat. I am working out on weights 4 days per week and doing cardio 40 minutes everyday.

Ok I just checked it again and still 130 now. It hasn't changed in over an hour. Is this fine for fat loss or should I worry. Seems to me that my body isn't releasing insulin like it should. Or is this normal on a low carb diet. But why is my blood sugar so high for so long? Could it be the good amount of fat that slows down insulin release? Should I lower my protein intake?

I weigh 227 at 5'9". Around 18% bodyfat. Been back in the gym for 2 1/2 weeks after a 13 month layoff. 200 grams protein, 140 grams carbs, 75-90 grams fat daily. 40 min cardio everyday. Lifting 4 days per week. Upper body one day lower body the next doing it twice per week. Always doing my stationary bike after I lift and on non lifting days in the morning as well. All workouts done before 10 a.m.

Ok I just woke up and it has been 10 hours since I ate my last meal and my blood sugar is 106. I guess that since my max range is 130 and my low is 100 ain't too bad really. I assume that it is ideal for fat burning since my insulin isn't releasing too much.

whats all this 100 about i did i diabetes test yesterday and it said my blood suger level is 6.4. my old man whos a diabetic says that anything above 8 is high and you should see a doctor.

that must be 10.0 then

irish_pride said:
whats all this 100 about i did i diabetes test yesterday and it said my blood suger level is 6.4. my old man whos a diabetic says that anything above 8 is high and you should see a doctor.

that must be 10.0 then

Diabetics usually have a sugar level over 200 and as high as 280.

chipvideo said:
Ok I just checked it again and still 130 now. It hasn't changed in over an hour. Is this fine for fat loss or should I worry. Seems to me that my body isn't releasing insulin like it should. Or is this normal on a low carb diet. But why is my blood sugar so high for so long? Could it be the good amount of fat that slows down insulin release? Should I lower my protein intake?

I weigh 227 at 5'9". Around 18% bodyfat. Been back in the gym for 2 1/2 weeks after a 13 month layoff. 200 grams protein, 140 grams carbs, 75-90 grams fat daily. 40 min cardio everyday. Lifting 4 days per week. Upper body one day lower body the next doing it twice per week. Always doing my stationary bike after I lift and on non lifting days in the morning as well. All workouts done before 10 a.m.

if you're under 150mmol/dl constantly, you should be fine...I'd try to get down to 120+/-

Anything from 100 to 130 is considered great. If it gets out of those ranges to bad you may want to get checked out. Seems as though you blood sugar is perfect to me, your insulin levels are fine. Also diabetics don't normally have a blood surar level of 200 +, I am quite sure they try and keep it below 150. I lived with a diabetic for quite some time.

Top Bottom