Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

blood sugar and carb relations

reinaldodi

I'm confused on the relation with blood sugar, insulin and carbs. if low blood sugar is high insulin, wouldn't being low blood sugar mean you are going to use up fat for energy? if you have high insulin wouldn't things you eat be shuttled to be used as energy? also high gi carbs increase insulin more, so why would more insulin cause blood sugar to be high?

this is a great question, and I promise we will discuss this at lenght on the podcast.

the cliff notes though is that hormones dictate weight loss and gain more than anything else. that is why pregnant women gain weight even if they eat the same foods. or women who use birth control gain weight. or guys who take prednisone will gain weight even in a deficit.

if you learn how to understand these hormones you can actually get much further

Insulin is also a storage hormone and can make you fat easily. It doesnt just shuttle nutrients to muscles, it also causes fat storage.

I'm confused on the relation with blood sugar, insulin and carbs. if low blood sugar is high insulin, wouldn't being low blood sugar mean you are going to use up fat for energy? if you have high insulin wouldn't things you eat be shuttled to be used as energy? also high gi carbs increase insulin more, so why would more insulin cause blood sugar to be high?
Its not quite that simple. There are many factors at play

Top Bottom