Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Blends to Retard Protein Breakdown? I don't think so...

MrTestosterone

I'm pretty new here, and I was just browsing over the boards. One post by the moderator, Mr. X, brought something to my mind. I have seen so many protein blends that boast being anti-catabolic (esp. for pre-bed feedings) because they contain a varied spectrum of proteins. I have yet to understand this concept, but I honestly think it is simply an excuse to throw cheap proteins (WPC, soy, collagen) into a blend. Considering casein and milk isolates, by far, populate the free amino pool for a longer duration than any other proteins, why would one not simply use plain casein? Perhaps because it is expensive? or it tastes like crap? I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I have looked at a few studies on FAA population, and it clearly shows that casein elevates blood-leucine levels for much longer than whey, soy, egg, or any other protein out there. In fact, the average leucine elevation time for a 40g serving of casein was 7 hours! Whey only pulled off a spike of about 2.5 hours, although the spike was considerably more dramatic than casein.

My point? Why would someone dump whey, egg, etc. into a product that is supposed to be sustained release? It is not as if the proteins are enzyme specific. Casein and whey *will* digest simultaneously; the casein does not wait until the whey is done. If you wanted a timed-release steroid, you wouldn't put methyltest in there, would ya? Anyone else have an opinion on this.

Oh yeah, I'm the new guy. Nice to meet ya.

Coe

Top Bottom