Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bison Meat

Gawd

Would this be a better alternative to beef for someone cutting? I know its very low fat and low cal with decent protein. Nutritionally do you get mostly the same stuff from bison as beef?

Not exactly... Bison meat in MO is better for a few reasons... more leaner, meaning less fat. Slightly less calories, slightly more Protein, Iron, and vitamin B12. But both bison and beef seem to have about the same in cholesterol. Info sourced from USDA. But on the other hand, as i look at it... It depends on where you get your meat from. Im a conisuer on meat, and know all my grades... I love it so much, that ive tried Kobe, (Not the american waygu, but the real Japanese). And i wont eat it ever again. Reason being, im not rich... =) And i want to always enjoy a steak. Heres a quote by NutriBiotic.
“There are more saturated fats in the meat of feedlotted animals than in that of grass-fed ones,” says Kevin Weiland, MD, author of The Dakota Diet (Basic Health, 2007). “The fat produces a marbling effect, but other healthy nutrients diminish. Grass-fed bison contains higher levels of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, iron, and antioxidants such as vitamin E.”
So with that said, you can find grassfed beef as well, just as you can find grass fed lamb and so on, and like free range chickens, the best supposable in france. (bresse) Its whatever your farmer is feeding their animals, and how theyre raised. Just as some of the guys and bb's on here shop for Protein supps all over the internet, so have i for meats... Barbaque Baby!!!

You can take the kid from the restuarant biz, but ya cant take the restuarant biz outta the kid.

Top Bottom