Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bison cheeseburgers = excellent BBer meal

plornive

I have been buying frozen bison patties. It is pure buffallo meat made into patties and frozen. All of the benefits of red meat with very little fat. 33g protein and 3g fat (1g saturated). Slap it on a whole wheat bun, add a nonfat or lowfat slice of cheese and tomato and viola.

It tastes really good and could fit in almost anyone's diet.

Are you getting these at a major chain of grocery stores (Giant, Kroger, Food Lion, etc.)? How expensive are they compared to lean ground beef?

Because they sound GOOD!! :)

I've had bison/buffalo. I bought mine fresh at a natural foods store. I've also seen it in a regular grocery store - frozen, next to ostrich and venison.

I found it to be very strong-tasting. If I ate it again, I would have it as a burger with lots of toppings or in a spicy chili.

Yes, they taste half way between hamburger and steak to me. Kind of strong tasting, but if you like that strong taste of red steak, it is even better than beef. Adding cheese covers it up a bit, and you need to make sure you cook it to "well done" --- no less.

It is expensive for the frozen patties --- $8 for 6. However, if you buy one box every few weeks it's ok. I bought mine at "Cub Foods" in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Actually, the kind I buy is made in Minnesota.

=w=, if you like the sound of a steak sandwhich you can easily bite into (because it is ground meat), I think you will like this. The cheese really makes it good and some kind of spicy tomato sauce and/or a tomato on a whole wheat bun or even whole wheat bread makes it damn tasty --- especially considering how healthy it is.

Think of it as kakdiesel's cheeseburger diet but even lower fat.

when i ate one last summer at a state fair..it supposedly had 80g protein per serving..dunno if thats true or not

jeremys said:
when i ate one last summer at a state fair..it supposedly had 80g protein per serving..dunno if thats true or not
Depends on what "serving" means. One frozen patty of bison has 33g protein, 3g fat (1g saturated)

Bison is VERY LEAN.... So lean in fact, it's very difficult to cook !

A bit of Virgin Olive oil should do the trick. IT'S VERY TRICKY TO COOK A ROAST - DO NOT EVER USE SALT( I do not use salt in my diet anyways) but if you do, YOU'LL dry it out and you can use it for shoe leather!

I'm eating one right now. It's good.

1 buffalo/bison patty (3g fat, 33g protein, 160 calories)
2 slices Natural Ovens whole wheat bread (each 1g fat, 4g protein, 13g carbs (5g fiber), 60 calories, low sodium)
2 slices Kraft Fat Free Cheddar (each 5g protein, 2g carbs)

Total: 340 calories, 51g protein, 20g effective carbs (+10g fiber), 5g of fat (1g saturated).

You can also substitute 95/5 lean beef patties, which are usually 1/4 lb, 21g protein, 5g fat, ~120 calories.

This is awesome stuff. You can eat several of them per day in addition to other stuff!

Top Bottom