Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bison

cdp11

I've heard that bison meat is as leaner than chicken...is this true? because bison burgers are yuuummmmy :chomp:

cdp11 said:
I've heard that bison meat is as leaner than chicken...is this true? because bison burgers are yuuummmmy :chomp:

I think that bison steaks are leaner than chicken breasts. But burgers contains added fat to make the meat stick to make burgers. It's still pretty lean though. I like the steaks.

Commercially raised bison can have some of the same problems as beef. It's all about the venison....only red meat I eat! Got a 3lb tenderloin in the smoker right now! You can actually starve to death on a 100% venison diet it is so low fat.

atlantaholdem said:
I think that bison steaks are leaner than chicken breasts. But burgers contains added fat to make the meat stick to make burgers. It's still pretty lean though. I like the steaks.

What if I buy ground bison and make my own burgers? or is the fat added into hte meet before it is packaged?

cdp11 said:
What if I buy ground bison and make my own burgers? or is the fat added into hte meet before it is packaged?
The fat is added when it is ground. If you grind any really lean animal protien it just falls apart into little BB sized pieces of meat. I grind my own venison and it needs at least a 9:1 ratio of meat to fat to even begin to form burgers! Now if you wanted to do something like taco meat you can go as low as 25:1....but you always have to add a little fat! Keep in mind that if you buy hamburger that says 98% lean then it had 2% fat added at the grinding process....to beef that was probably already 18-20% fat due to marbelization in the muscle! Wild game (including free-range bison) has ZERO fat in the muscle tissue (i.e. marbeling). Hope that helps.

Fat: Bison has 1/4 the fat of Beef; 1/3 the fat of Chicken;
and 1/2 the fat of Turkey. (USDA National Database)
Fish: Bison is lower in fat and higher in protein than Halibut, Salmon,
Swordfish and Trout. (USDA National Database)
Iron: Bison has 3 times more iron than Chicken; 2 times more iron
Turkey; and 7 times more than Salmon. (USDA National Database)
Soy: Bison has half the artery-clogging fats of soy.
(Study conducted by University of Massachusetts, Lowell).
Note: American Heart Associations Eating Plan for Healthy Americans
includes lean BUFFALO meat.(©2000 American Heart Association)

Buffalo Burgers are great, they have a high amount of protein and are very lean compared to regular burgers. Also I believe they taste even more delicious!

i posted this in my log...if you can afford it...i would buy it! a great break from chicken...not to mention healthier

The items in bold aren't necessarily good things. Fats can raise testosterone levels. Also I've never heard of unsaturated fats termed as "artery clogging" LOL

How are you doing with the eating disorder?

JKurz1 said:
Fat: Bison has 1/4 the fat of Beef; 1/3 the fat of Chicken;
and 1/2 the fat of Turkey. (USDA National Database)
Fish: Bison is lower in fat and higher in protein than Halibut, Salmon,
Swordfish and Trout. (USDA National Database)
Iron: Bison has 3 times more iron than Chicken; 2 times more iron
Turkey; and 7 times more than Salmon. (USDA National Database)
Soy: Bison has half the artery-clogging fats of soy.
(Study conducted by University of Massachusetts, Lowell).
Note: American Heart Associations Eating Plan for Healthy Americans
includes lean BUFFALO meat.(©2000 American Heart Association)

Top Bottom