Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Big meals bad for metabolism?

ark94

Okay, so i hear mixed discussions right now. Currently i am 15 (16 in a month) weighing in at 153.5lb and 6ft.

If you need my current diet i can show it, otherwise i have a few questions. I am training on the Rippetoe's 3x5 (just started Monday).

I have some fat on me but even less muscle. If you would like to see check out the 2ND page -
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/weight-training-weight-lifting/ignorant-noob-686477-2.html

Basically, i hear that eating like 7 meals, having little bits of food not big meals throughout the day is better for your metabolism, and gaining then having big meals 3 times a day?

Also, if eating little bits 7 times a day is better, any diet recommendation? and please make it reasonable for someone who can't eat a lot, and goes to school... so don't tell me to make chicken with eggs for lunch, but maybe have chicken or eggs in bread.

if its just a straight bulk you're looking at doing (which i would think would be better) Get yourself some chicken breast and some 80/20 ground beef. Grill you up a bunk of chicken breasts and burgers. Season to your liking. Pack em in a lunch box and in between your main meals munch one down.

Eat a good breakfast.. Oatmeal with a scoop of whey/gainer. 3-4 eggs and some toast with ANPB. Wash that down with your shake of choice (preferably a gainer in your shoes)
Mid morning break out a chicken breast or burger pattie and scarf it down. (I also kept a container of PB in my truck in my icechest to snack on when i got hungry.
Lunch 1 or 2 double quarter pounders fries followed by a shake if you can stomach it.
B/W lunch and dinner another pattie or breast with some almonds or nuts.
Dinner Tuna, Beef, Chicken, Turkey, Pasta, Just eat alot.
After dinner I always did a PB&J sammich. Actually about 3 or 4 :D and wash it down with a shake.

Warning.. You will gain fat bulking. I thought my metabolism was sooooo fast. I was a hard gainer.. Well put down 5k-6k calories and a day and you're no longer a hard gainer. Good luck man. Also if youre not taking in any creatine now hop on. 5g a day creatine monohydrate. Check out ALN they have a great price.

You are young and have a high metabolism. Just eat alot of healthy food. Don't worry right now. You will be fine.

As a young kid, you will have a high metabolism. So try not to worry about it to much. Just stick to healty food and you will be fine.

Well it took me years to retune my body after being raised by parents with no clues about proper nutrition.. I eventually adjusted, but it took some incredible discipline to do so (and again when I hit 30, everything had to be recalculated).. I know what these guys are saying, but the right time to start prepping your body for the future really is now..

The simple answer is if you are underdeveloped but perhaps a little larger than you would like, lean more towards proteins, and away from carbs/fats.. At your age your metabolisam should be kicking along, so if you have a little fat, look at what you are eating, and possibly increase the amount of activity (cardio) in your day.

Now is the best time to learn the good habits that will with luck stay with you for life.. (The reason these guys are saying to enjoy yourself whilst you're young is that we've all had our "experiences" relearning how to diet and train, it was a pain for us all I'm sure. I wish I'd done it right from the start!)

It's true that smaller meals help increase metabolism but they also help reduce hunger and increase protein effeciency.

Top Bottom