Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Big boy trying to lose fat

I am 320 lb and 6’2’’. I'm only 23 years old and I want to lose weight. Looking to lose close to 100 lb and I'm gserious about doing it. I've always been a big guy and always the fat dude in school who got made fun of. I read it's not good for me to use steroid so I want to do it through dieting can you give me some pointers

So I recently lost 45 lbs of weight I'd been carrying for a few years. I was still going to the gym off and on lifting to keep muscle but my eating was crap. Anyways, here's the short version of what I did. Pretty standard calorie deficit plan.

1. Figure out your maintenance calories. There are several calculators online, just Google it.
2. Figure out how much weight you want to lose per week. There's calculators for that too, but you can do your own.
3. Track your eating; my fitness pal or similar app. It should have you put in goals and time frame which you can plug from the earlier math you did.
4. Go to the store and stock up on low calorie dense foods. 45 cal bread, lean meat, low sugar, low fat, etc.
5. Weigh yourself weekly. I did Sunday and weighed morning, lunch and bed and took average. If you did a 7000 cal reduction over the week then you'll lose 2 lbs a week. 3500 cals equal 1 lb of fat.
6. Lift weights! If you are going to cut calories then you'll need to hit the weights pretty hard to offset any potential muscle loss.
7. One weekend day, I eat in surplus to restart my metabolism so I don't go into starvation mode. Usually that day I go hiking or biking or something fairly actively though.

Cardio is good but not critical. I learned it's A LOT easier to not eat a hamburger than run 4 miles lol. I was doing 20 min of medium intensity cardio 3 days a week.

I was interviewing for jobs and put on some older dress clothes and was so upset with how tight or unwearable my slacks and dress shirts had gotten. Especially over the pandemic I'd gained another 7 or 8 lbs. I used to hover around 200-205 pretty lean with a good amount of muscle at 6'-1". I'd crept up to 248 over the course of 3 yrs. Now I'm back around 204 as of last weigh in. No where near the strength I had before because I was doin a cycle a year, but i feel friggin great now.

When you start seeing the lbs come off every week then you get motivated to stick to it, or at least I did. I lost about 25 lbs in first 11-12 wks and it plateaued for a couple weeks. So I went back to maintenance cals for a couple weeks. Then I hit it hard again and I'm down 20 more. Had to go to the mall and buy all new shit last weekend because clothes were falling off. I love it!

You can do this, man!

Last edited:
Top Bottom