Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best way to prepare veggies?

jordanbrown

[FONT=&quot]Hi guys,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was just thinking, obviously the best way to have your veg is by steaming which retains most of the nutrients. However, i find it quite time consuming to buy the different veg individually, cut up the veg and then steaming them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most supermarkets tend to sell a bag full of different vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, carrot etc that is already cut up and you can microwave - which is much quicker. My question is: would microwaving mean you lose alot of the nutrients in the veg and therefore would it be best to just stick with steaming? Also how does everyone else have their veg? Any comments would be much appreciated.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]thanks[/FONT]

Microwaving doesn't destroy nutrients, and is effectively the same thing as steaming. The wavelength of microwave radiation is roughly the length spacing between atoms in a water molecule. Microwaves passing through these gaps causes vibrations, and therefore heats the water via friction so that it changes to steam.

Top Bottom