Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best way to cook potatoes and pasta

RUSH_HOUR

Read not long an article about how certain foodsshould be made, and found out some interesting stuff, especiallyabout the potatoes and pasta. There they said, that potatos shouldnever be boiled, because this way they get the highest glycemicindex, and that it is best to cook them in the oven, but notoverdoing – it is better to have them a bit undercooked, ratherthan overcooked, because this way they have a lower glycemic index.The same goes with pasta – al dento (just a bit undercooked) is amuch healthier option! Just thought I would share this info here, andperhaps see some opinions!

What you wrote is actually 100% true!

The more you cook foods, the easier they are digested by the body and the faster they will raise blood sugar levels.

It's always best to cook pasta al dento and to cook potatoes so that they are still firm and not mush.

What I like to do with potatoes is wrap them in tin foil and bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes. It cooks them thorogouly but they aren't mushy and over cooked. They still have a nice firm texture.

No wonder the Italians eat pasta only al dente - if you see how the inventors of a food eat it, following their example is always a good idea. Me too, I really love the pasta al dente - it is in fact not only healthier that way, but also tastier. The same goes for potatoes. I don't know why we have been always told that you should not eat raw potatoes and it has to be perfectly cooked, when actually the truth is that the potatoes are healthier just a tad undercooked. In fact, the chinese even have a salad with raw potatoes, and they seem to be just fine.

I think that is nitpicking to be honest. They are still the same foods no matter how you cook them. I guess it might change a few things but in any event I cant see it making a huge difference.

Top Bottom