Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best rear delt exercise?

JLowe02

I've been doing rear dumbell raises and using the rear delt machine, but there has bound to be some other exercise to improve the posteriors. my anteriors got overly huge from too much benching in my earlier years, and i think the imbalance is the source of some of my shoulder pain.

another note, its quite probable im doing the exercises wrong, but those two seem to work the middle of my upper back more than my delts. i've tried many different ways, but im always left with a sore back.

My rear delts have blown up from bent over dumbbell raises. I'll do as many sets as I feel necessary. Sometimes this means 3, sometimes it means 6.

Just focus on that little muscle, lean over keep your back straight and just squeeze the shit out of them, keeping full control of the weight at all times.

Save the rear delt machine for after this exercise - for what it's worth I do this motion one side at a time, meaning all reps on one side before switching.

On delt day I do standing lateral raises, then bent over, then front raises. The reps and sets vary based on my pump. Once all heads of my delt are pumped, I do military on the smith until I can no longer squeeze anything out. My delts are nice.

swole said:
My rear delts have blown up from bent over dumbbell raises. I'll do as many sets as I feel necessary. Sometimes this means 3, sometimes it means 6.

Just focus on that little muscle, lean over keep your back straight and just squeeze the shit out of them, keeping full control of the weight at all times.

Save the rear delt machine for after this exercise - for what it's worth I do this motion one side at a time, meaning all reps on one side before switching.

On delt day I do standing lateral raises, then bent over, then front raises. The reps and sets vary based on my pump. Once all heads of my delt are pumped, I do military on the smith until I can no longer squeeze anything out. My delts are nice.

standing (Upright) dumbell rows really get my rear delts pumped. I also do bent over lateral raises for tageting rear delts.

Swole, I've always done my presses first. What's your theory for behind the raises first? Your delts are obviously better than mine, but I have brought mine up a lot lately doing what I have been doing. I use to have 0 delts :(.

This is what I do for rear delts:

Superset: Bent-over laterals 3 x 15
Rear delt / pec machine 3 x 12

It works wonders for me!

Top Bottom