Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best protein source?

best protein source. xpt supplements

• red meat

Votes: 204 24.2%
  • poultry

Votes: 205 24.3%
  • eggs

Votes: 235 27.9%
  • fish

Votes: 129 15.3%
  • milk

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • cheese

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • nuts

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • other

Votes: 27 3.2%

• Total voters
i think a healthy combination of all the protein sources are best... i used to do a lot of egg whites... need to get back to doing that. i tried to go beef all the way once, i bulked up but then my cholesterol level shot up. and that lead me to weeks of eating oats.

I will agree with JavaGuru that milk isolate is a good choice as long as it is not around your workouts and you do not have milk hypersensitivity. I will agree with lifterforlife that PDCAAS doesn't mean much at the end of the day if your eating well over your protein requirements , which most everyone is. Also digestibility can be handled with betaine hydrochloride and digestive enzymes, probiotics, etc

I like the red meat for several reason
1. raise test levels
2. vitamins and minerals
3. most folks tolerate red meat
4. variation for a balance diet

Repetitively eating the same thing over and over is simply not a good idea

What about Turkey mince - I know it sounds yuck BUT for a 450 gramme pack you get close to 100 grammes protein and at only £1.15

jassdhali said:
What about Turkey mince - I know it sounds yuck BUT for a 450 gramme pack you get close to 100 grammes protein and at only £1.15
my guess is it might have a lot of salt in it... you'd have to check the label...

karachi183 said:
i eat deviled eggs all the time and love it also tuna and red meat! my fav/is deviled eggs makes i think it is thanksgiving all over again.yeah !!!!!know one has said anything about turkey.

I eat 4 whole eggs daily, I find it to have increased my gains since I started though I know I should eliminate the yolks this is a meal I REALLY enjoy :)

Basically I go between tuna, salmon, chicken and beef. Supplement with whey.
I've heard good things about beef, raised test levels and a source of creatine, not sure in practice though, I think fish does the most good for my body anyway.

For all the U.K people out there, I recommend Tesco, in the cooked meats section you can get two whole chickens for £4.50. I work it out at about 120g of protein per chicken, with lean meat and also fattier meat for bulk.

Also a big believer in a pint of milk a day, skimmed mind, 3.5g protein 0.1 fat per 100ml.

Top Bottom