Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best protein source?

best protein source. xpt supplements

• red meat

Votes: 204 24.2%
  • poultry

Votes: 205 24.3%
  • eggs

Votes: 235 27.9%
  • fish

Votes: 129 15.3%
  • milk

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • cheese

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • nuts

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • other

Votes: 27 3.2%

• Total voters
Chicken, Stuff I eat is 20 g protein 1g fat 1g carbs per 100 g. During bulk with pasta/salat, during cut without pasta :)

Oh, and ketchup for the win ..

how are you guys preparing your eggs...?

i sure as hell cannot eat raw eggs... and how many are you eating...? i used to have about 3 eggs with 1 yolk... i've gotten away from the eggs though over the last year, cause i haven't even been training...

what are your guys thoughts on protein powders for quicker absorbtion...? say for your post workout meal, and before bed...?

Assuming taste isn't an issue, then buying a commercial powder is just a waste of money. Magical "proprietary" blends are marketing BS and as long as your protein source is dairy or egg you're getting a "perfect" protein with a score 1.0 on the PCDAAS, which the generally accepted standard for protein quality. I prefer to purchase a bulk milk isolate and I've posted the reasons on multiple threads. If you go to the manufacturer you can get a high quality milk isolate for under $4.00 a pound.

There have been different ways of rating proteins, PER, then Biological value. Neither really means much, terrible rating methods.

Really, at the end of the day, the way most bodybuilders take in protein amounts, rating probably makes little difference unless one ate all incomplete sources or something stupid. Most of us eat a variety of eggs, chicken, beef, tuna, whey, etc. and in the end, more than meet the quality of our protein needs.

Lifterforlife said:
There have been different ways of rating proteins, PER, then Biological value. Neither really means much, terrible rating methods.

Really, at the end of the day, the way most bodybuilders take in protein amounts, rating probably makes little difference unless one ate all incomplete sources or something stupid. Most of us eat a variety of eggs, chicken, beef, tuna, whey, etc. and in the end, more than meet the quality of our protein needs.

Actually, the generally accepted among scientists and most updated standard is the PCDAAS which takes into account human requirements of amino acids as well as digestability. Also, "incomplete proteins" is a misnomer, wheat contain all the EAA's but in smaller amounts, consuming enough wheat one could meet all their amino acid requirements. Let's not misinform people on the board, a quick internet search would have taught you everything I stated. Stick with dairy and eggs..you'll be fine. Also, Whey is highly over rated as a general use protein source.

Yep, I will agree. The newest ratings, PCDAAS is the best so far. Never discounted that, discounted the old methods.

Still, how much does a point rating mean at the end of the day when a bodybuilder is eating proteins all day long.

A little common sense is needed...I have read Beardi many times, quoting him does no good.

I wasn't quoting Berardi...only his citation to the PCDAAS chart. My point is, you can consume less protein and less calories for greater fat loss by choosing dairy and eggs as your protein sources. You can get your EAA's from wheat protein if you chose but the caloric intake would be so great you would end up a fat ass. That is my point....less for more...

Top Bottom