Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best protein source?

best protein source. xpt supplements

• red meat

Votes: 204 24.2%
  • poultry

Votes: 205 24.3%
  • eggs

Votes: 235 27.9%
  • fish

Votes: 129 15.3%
  • milk

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • cheese

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • nuts

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • other

Votes: 27 3.2%

• Total voters
Fresh salmon filets are tought to beat, got all the efas and protein you need, red meat is good but has many down sides as well. Chicken and eggs whites are always good too.

I eat tuna daily, a high protein multigrain cerial, and alternate chicken and steak eod. I rarely eat eggs..

My everyday is Eggs/whites, Tuna, Chicken, Lean red meat, Turkey,depending
on my mood but my lunch usually involves a chicken breast, and my favorite
but I limit it to twice a week is that good old fashion Steak.

From what I have read, and practice, protein sources have different usages.
Egg protein is a pretty quick protein, so immediately after my morning workout, I take 15 egg whites, some skim milk and splenda, in the mixer for a few seconds and gulp it down.
I also add a quick carb (clucose) intake with fast protein to get maximized protein uptake. Whey is the fastest protein with an action time of 30 minutes or so.
For mid morning, I do a low glycemic car source like oat meal.
Lunch, lean meat. Chicken or turkey mainly. Lean meat has action time of about 4 hours.
Afternoon workout and directly after I take a protein shake with whey protein with a good amino acid profile.
For dinner, meat. Either red or white.
In the evening, I take in milk. Why? It has effects on weightloss for me, and maintains me in relatvly good fat balance, even in my bulk stages. Lots of good calcium too. Milk also has the slowest acting protein - 8 hours.
So for me, it's a balance between eating and supplements. I still put on 1-4 lbs a month of muscle mass, so I need to eat. I try to schedule my eating to optimize for positive NO during workout and post workout recovery. I'm by no means an expert, just doing the best I can with the information I have read and snapped up on the net over the last few years.

Andy

Eggs, cheddar aged 60 days, chicken, lean turkey and brown rice meat loaf (jet fuel), salmon, tuna, beans, peas, occasional red meat, natural PB for the fat source, powders. Add herbs - right source of oils and properly cook. :p

Top Bottom