Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best food ratios for cutting?

are you serious? Does that mean 70% of calories from protein or 70% of grams or what?

I know there must be some other opinions... let's hear them....

Ratios always deal with calorie %'s not grams because fat has twice as many calories per gram as carbs or protein. Beware the 70% fat and 30% protein ratio mentioned is a ketogenic diet. People haphazardly suggest this type of diet to anyone who wants to lose weight.

A good ratio is anywhere from 40/30/30(pro/carb/fat), to 50/30/20, to 33/33/33, etc... In general I think some carb limiting is in order, however a ketogenic diet is more extreme and you should only bother if you can't get results any other way or you find that way of eating enticing. I highly doubt you'd see much of a difference between the above ratios since they are all in the same ballpark. Just make sure you get plenty of protein, limited carbs and enough good fats and you can't go wrong.

If you go with no carbs you better be prepared. You will look flat, never use the bathroom(better get a fiber suppl), and have very little energy.

A better way would be around 50%Protein, 20%Carbs(or less)and 30% Fat. You should consume most of your carbs before your workout and around an hour after. Avoid simple sugars(except postworkout). I never eat over 115Grams of Carbs and I eat about 2300-2600cals daily. I am cutting by the way, and it is coming along nicely.

Top Bottom