Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best cereal??

110%

i wanna get a carb up in this saturday and get around 2 X my bw in carbs so like 320 grams of carbs, this is hard to get with just brown rice and oatmeal so i am planning on having a couple bowls of cereal. which is the best, is total or special K or somethingl ike that ok? do u guys consider this a cheat or just a carb up, or do u have a cheat day for ur carb up?

I like "Maple Crisp" I think that's the name...it's been awhile....

I think Quaker makes it.

110% said:
i wanna get a carb up in this saturday and get around 2 X my bw in carbs so like 320 grams of carbs, this is hard to get with just brown rice and oatmeal so i am planning on having a couple bowls of cereal. which is the best, is total or special K or somethingl ike that ok? do u guys consider this a cheat or just a carb up, or do u have a cheat day for ur carb up?

If you're planning on eating cereal on a carb up day, then it doesn't really matter what you eat as far as brand/type. Now that I'm cutting I'll label my carb up days cheat days. I just don't go overboard with carbs and 70% of the carbs I take in are stuff like brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and fruit. If the fruit doesn't satisfy my sweet tooth, then I might add some low fat/fat free ice cream or little candy. If I include cereal on my carb up day (which I very seldom do eat cereal, it's pretty much candy with added vitamins) I'll eat wheaties b/c I like the taste of them.

I think it's important here to distinguish between simple and complex carbs. Most of the "unsweetened" cereals out there contain quite a bit of sugar. It's ok to eat a high-carb cereal on a carb-up day as long as they're mostly complex. So just look for a cereal that is low in sugar.

any regular old fashioned oatmeal for bulking

All Bran/Fiber1 for fiber

Unprocessed bran is definitely the best if you want high fibre with low-cals and low-sugar content. Even the brand name cereals the claim they are high in fibre have a lot of sugar in them (All-Bran, Bran Flakes etc.) and things like Special K are essentially empty calories, they won't keep you full for long. You can get unprocessed bran in just about any large supermarket, but it tends to be shelved with the baking goods rather than with the cereals. It's only 90 cals a cup (compared to the 180 or so cals in similar brandname cereals) and it's very filling. I tend to have it mixed with water and sweetener (sometimes with one third of a banana mashed in) and heated in the microwave :)

Post Select® is my favorite and best IMO.
44g of carbs per cup
I have about 1 big bowl (2 cups) every morning.
On saturdays i eat 2 bowls. :D

Not to mention it comes in cranberry, bannana, and oatmeal flavors.

It f'in r0x0rs my b0x0rs. ;) ;) ;)

Top Bottom