Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Berries (fructose) in the morning

SoreArms

I recently bought a bag of frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, marionberries) to add to my morning shake, which I mix with oat bran and protein powder. Since glycogen and blood glucose levels are so low in the morning, I figure the quicker absorbtion of the sugar in the berries would be beneficial to get energy levels up. Would I be correct in assuming that most of those sugars will go to emediately get blood glucose levels up (to normal) and help fill depleted muscle glycogen so very little, if any, winds up stored as fat? Does using pure slow absorbing carbs makes the body wait much longer to get blood glucose levels and muscle glycogen back to normal, making you feel tired longer?

For the most part I stay away from all fruits (fructose) and only consume fast absorbing carbs post work out (maltodextrim). Dr. Atkins (no, I am not endorsing Atkins nor am I on the diet) stated that the anti oxidant properties of these berries greatly outweigh their potential harm, so either way, I figure it can't be that bad.

Please chime in and let me know what you think, if I am wrong let me know and give me your thoughts why. Flamers will be called "smelly".

I believe fructose replenishes liver glycogen before muscle glycogen. What that means I have no idea. I just eat and train.........somedays I just eat.

do you also wear depends diapers sorearms?
and lol that killahbee was up on this thread

You do want to get some complex carbs in the morning, but simple ones are good too. Eat as many carbs as you want in the morning, thats the time to do it.

I think you want to avoid the "in-n-out" burger even more...

SoreArms said:
depends, wtf!?

depend-refasten.jpg

Top Bottom