Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

being ripped 24/7 is the best possible way to gain the most muscle???

S

SSAlexSS

Many people now bulk up really hard to gain those extra pounds, almost no one, is ripped these days. "I am gaining muscle, fat will come off later." is the usual responce.

But are you supposed to be heavy in you mass gaining phase? It seems that is is not nessesary and maybe even downright bad for max muscle gains.

Lets talk about muscle gains. Most people can only gain 6-10 pounds of pure muscle per year. That equates to almost 0-1pounds gained per month (hey whose weight scale is precise to 100 grams?). Yet many people think that they are not gaining enough so they stuff themselves with useless calories, and useless those calories are if they go to the gut instead of your muscles. Overfeeding will not and cannot force your muscle to grow, only exercise does. I am not saying that you need to eat like a bird, no. But if you eat more than say 100 calories over your induvidual maintenance goal at ripped state, you will start gaining extra weight in terms of fat.
Overeating is extremely anabolic... to fat tissue. Now overeating DOES have some seroious consequnces. First additional fat is not beneficial for most muscle and strengtrh gains. Being overweight even slightly can disrupt your hormones, disrupt your insulin, and guess what with less hormones you are less likely to put on some serious muscle. Obviously that ain't good. Furthermore good nutrition can never ever
benefit you if you are training poorly. howeever if you are training correctly then not the best nutrition can still work. To get a faster car you need to install better engine, not overflood it with fuel... right? Same is with human body.

Also lets take 2 induviduals, lets say identical brothers. They have identical genetics and their training si the same, intense and progressive.

Brother A:
Decided to go the lean way. He gains only 1 pounds per mongth. A barely noticible gain. But it is all muscle. After 12 month period he gained 12 pounds of muscle.

Brother B:
Decided to go and use Size Oddyssey 2001. He decided that enough protein is good and more is better. He gains like crazy. 10 pounds in 1 month! WOW! "I am huuge"
At 9th month "I have flabby thighs, but thank god my Gut covers it up". Time to do an anual cut up lasting 2 moth.

End results:
While brother B is seriously dieting cutting his flab AND loosing some muscle, brother A still gains muscle. End result?

Brother A gained up to 12 pounds and Brother B only 7 ( some muscle lost when he got rid of his last 50 pounds of flab AND wasted time.)

You think that overating (and it is overating when you gain more than 1-2 pounds per month) will make you gain more? NO! yOUR TRAINING WILL!

Lets see at Dorian. Obviously he had some great genetics. He gained about 90 pounds of muscle in about 10 years WITH STEROIDS! That means that on average he gained 9 pounds per friggin year! (Acyually he gained 30 pounds of muscle in his fiorst two years of lifting weights. ) BEGGINER GAINS! And if he only gained like 15 pounds of muscle for his 1st year or or so.. How do you think you can gain so much? You can,t not muscle anyways. Was DOrian Underfed or under nourished? NO! he ate 6 meals per day day 1. Look at his flabby gut in Blood from strained muscles and big Guts. (Blood and Guts)

True being ripped you gain minimul weight. Yes, but it is muscle rather than 65% fat, 25% water and 10 % muscle!!!! ANd being ripped you dont have to waste time dieting and loosing time, energy and muscle!

reply please!

I really need some opinions!

There a difference in bulking and then bulking to the extreme like that.

Ripped Cut shredded are all different things and all relative to what people think they mean.

First it can sometimes be difficult to simply remain ripped without losing muscle let alone put it on. Depending on your interpretation.

2nd Theres not just 2 ends of the stick. when you bulk you don't need and I don't reccomend going balls to the walls to begin with.

Yes, often fat gain is a neccary evil, as you get further and further in your development adding that extra bit of muscle becomes harder and harder you really want to make sure your body is primed to add muscle taking chances and being a afraid to lose a little leanness while bulking can lead to years of stagnant growth.

You can never really nail down your BMR and add just the right of calories where your going to gain nothing but LBM naturally. You must accept fat gain. This article is only looking at 2 sides of the extremes. Yes I agree that bulking with insane calories shouldn't be done unless your so far in your development that you just can't add anymore mass in a more gradual manner.

Ripped all year? depends on your deffinition you can't stay at your leanest all the time gotta budge a few percents to make progress. But still going from 6-8 can still be considered lean, but its still fat gain and your going to have to cut eventually.

very true..i have done this..only to gain a decent amount of mass..but put my self in a hole trying to cut down.

I tend to think that if staying really lean was more beneficial for anabolism, then the pros would be doing it more. I do agree with you to a certain extent. At 27, I haven't the genetics, the inclination or the time to ever compete. I work out to be healthy and to look better. As someone who has been naturally heavy for most of my life, I think I look better leaner, so that's what I strive for and its difficult. "Elite Fitness" can be described in many ways. I will never be Ronnie Coleman, so bulking and cutting to extremes isn't the way I'm going to do it from here on out, but that's just me.

Bill W said:
I tend to think that if staying really lean was more beneficial for anabolism, then the pros would be doing it more. I do agree with you to a certain extent. At 27, I haven't the genetics, the inclination or the time to ever compete. I work out to be healthy and to look better. As someone who has been naturally heavy for most of my life, I think I look better leaner, so that's what I strive for and its difficult. "Elite Fitness" can be described in many ways. I will never be Ronnie Coleman, so bulking and cutting to extremes isn't the way I'm going to do it from here on out, but that's just me.

PRO's are the worst for advice! They go maximum effort max results, rather than going the most efficient way. They do more than they have to. Efficiency isnt on of their thing. They do countless of sets and getting fat for them aint a problem!! They are pros after all.

Bill Gates eats cheeseburgers. Does that makes him better businessman? NO! but being rich/pro/powerful can cover up these "unnnedisness".

PROS are never the most efficient bodybuilders out there. They have such genes and such drug usage that they can do almost EVERYTHING wrong and still succeed dispite of themselves.

Flex is also lazy. Yet he is pretty successful. SHould you copy him?
\NO! He relied on his genes and roids to get where he is. Just because he is a pro, he is not a role model....

ssalexss:

You did this on another board too - you use pros like nasser and arnold in your examples and then tell other people not to use them in their argument.

You ask the same question over and over again in different threads. Dont get me wrong it is an interesting debate but you have beat it to death - It is like you are the NEW missy

I just finished reading the Clarence Bass "Ripped" series. I thought "Ripped 3" was the best of the books. Each book chronicles Bass's bodybuilding and nutrition experiments on himself. He's in his 60's now and maintains bodyfat @3-4%, but he's been even lower.

He believes it's better not to bulk and cut, but rather to maintain a moderate level of leanness and add muscle slowly, so more of it's muscle. Then you don't have to "cut" as much and end up losing a lot of the muscle you just added.

Interesting site: http://www.cbass.com/index.htm

ssalex i believe when bulking compared to not u will gain much better strength gains and muscle mass. i bulked for four months, gained 26 lbs, and after cutting for almost a month i have lost 10 lbs, and i believe in no more than fivemore i will be back at what i started before i started bulking, that is 10 lbs of muscle. also i made great strength gains. also which do u find more enjoyable, bulking and cutting evenly or just cutting, i think you will agree you enjoy bulking more as you are making much better gains in strenght, and being able to cheat more often.

i try to keep my diet somewhere between a bulking phase and a getting ripped phase year round. Maybe for 1 month per year ill kind of let myself go a little bit. I'm pretty happy with my bodyfat, and i think this helps me put on lean muscle and avoid cutting fat.

Top Bottom