Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beginners Question? (Sorry i know you all hate beginners questions)

static_x_

Ive been weighttraining for approx 15 months. My diet, well i have no diet. I basically eat what ever i want, but i dont eat alot anyways. After looking up on some very interesting sites like this one, i can see that i need to change some things like having a proper diet.

Im 19 years old, 11 stone think thats 155 pounds. My main question is i dont eat enough protein, i used to eat approximetly 2 tins of protein a week, i train 4 times a week. After reading some of these posts i have changed this to 1 tin of tuna after each work out, 4 tins a week. As you are probably thinking this is still not enough protein. I think the best solution for me would be to start taking one of those protein supplements. As of now i dont take anything to do with supplements or anything, i just eat like a normal person, but i dont do normal person things, this sounds wrong as it is.

i have had a little look around at some supplements and im thinking of going on a pure whey protein, i dont really want much carbohydrates in it as i think i can get this from food that i normally eat. Remember that i know nothing about any supplements this is just a guess. Im looking towards getting 100% whey protein. would you recommend something different or something else. Money doesnt really concern me as long as it goes. Anything to do with steriods i dont wanna know as i personally think that you should enjoy what you are doing if you use steriods you just looking at getting big to show everyone else. You get some sad people.

I have gained overall noticable muscle in this 14 months but i really think that i would gain much more if i eat properly, do you all agree that i need to sort this out?

Gear or steroids isn't all bad but you are on the right track. I think if you got a large "tub" of whey or even egg/whey combo you woul dnotice a big difference in your workouts. I always notice if I forget my whey after a workout it takes me longer to recover, especially if it is a hard squat day for example. I would start with 2 scoops of your protein powder within 1 hour after you workout to start. I am not a diet expert myself and this is a good whey (haha) to get info on here. Protein and amino acids are very important as they are the building blocks of muscle and growing new mucsle so whey or protein actually is a staple (or should be) of everyones workout.

static_x_ said:
Ive been weighttraining for approx 15 months. My diet, well i have no diet. I basically eat what ever i want, but i dont eat alot anyways. After looking up on some very interesting sites like this one, i can see that i need to change some things like having a proper diet.

Im 19 years old, 11 stone think thats 155 pounds. My main question is i dont eat enough protein, i used to eat approximetly 2 tins of protein a week, i train 4 times a week. After reading some of these posts i have changed this to 1 tin of tuna after each work out, 4 tins a week. As you are probably thinking this is still not enough protein. I think the best solution for me would be to start taking one of those protein supplements. As of now i dont take anything to do with supplements or anything, i just eat like a normal person, but i dont do normal person things, this sounds wrong as it is.

i have had a little look around at some supplements and im thinking of going on a pure whey protein, i dont really want much carbohydrates in it as i think i can get this from food that i normally eat. Remember that i know nothing about any supplements this is just a guess. Im looking towards getting 100% whey protein. would you recommend something different or something else. Money doesnt really concern me as long as it goes. Anything to do with steriods i dont wanna know as i personally think that you should enjoy what you are doing if you use steriods you just looking at getting big to show everyone else. You get some sad people.

I have gained overall noticable muscle in this 14 months but i really think that i would gain much more if i eat properly, do you all agree that i need to sort this out?

Oh I hate these beginner questions, lol. :D
Welcome to EF dude.

Congrats on realising that diet is very important if you want to make a difference to your physique.

To start, you should spend the first week writing down everything you consume during your normal eating routine. Keep track of the calories, proteins, carbs, and fat values. You will find all of this listed on the packaging but if you can't ... then don't put it in your mouth. At the end of the week you will have an honest representation of your nutritional intake. Now that you know what that is, you will be able to make the necessary changes to your diet and, if necessary, add supplements.

The only supplements I would reccommend are Water and Protein. With everything else which is available, the results or lack of results will differ from person to person but there is one thing everyone will agree on ... you need your Protein. Your protein intake should be at a level of one gram per pound of lean body mass. In your case, 11 stone (154 lbs. to our yanky friends) would mean an approximate intake of 154 grams per day. Protein sources can be from meat, milk, etc., but if you wish to use a supplement then try to use Whey Protein Isolate pre and post workout as the absorption rate is more suited for this period of time. Casein Protein is more suited for the remainder of the day. As an alternative, you can use Whey Concentrate which is usually a little cheaper in price.

Make sure you are getting enough calories throughout the day to meet your caloric expenditure through exercise. The following link will help you work out what traget ranges you need to be setting for yourself.

NCSF Calculators

*Use a METs value of 4.5 to get your results.

Break up you meals into manageable portions which fit in with your daily schedule. If necessary, carry a mixing bottle with you so that you always have a source of food with you. Make sure your carb intake is also sufficient so that you have a good source of energy. Reduce, but don't eliminate fats from your diet. Keep saturated ones to a minimum and avoid trans and hydrogenated fats completely.

one gram protein = 4 calories
one gram carb = 4 calories
one gram fat = 9 calories

I assume that since you have be weight training for 15 months that you have a well established routine. Just make sure you concentrate on form for quality and not on quantity.

Best of luck with your progress.

KP -- Fitness Basics

protein...1.5 grams per body pound. Here's a ruff start! protein shake 2 scoops thats 44gms around 50gms if you put it in milk..Drink 3 of them a day eat whatever else you like plus tuna and peanutbutter is good to. There's all the protein you need.I found the more protein i take in the less fat i hold.I am a hard gainer too, its like being fat but backwards.Your 19 and only 155 pounds you dont need to worry to much on what you eat, your mostly not going to get fat! So eat a good bit of junk food to burn for fuel.With that high of protein intake i said up top is enough to get your muscles to heal and grow.If your looking to get bigger and add mass your going to have to eat like crazy because your body going to burn up food like mad for fuel.

This is just my opinion,everyones different but you have to play around to find what works for you.But its pretty simple if your thin and cant gain weight protein wont put on pounds it will help your muscles, but calories is what gives you gains.. i did read once that the body will only gain 10lbs of muscle a year,if your just workingout and taking protein and eating and no supplements.This is what i read its seems about right.

Top Bottom